1 2
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/25/22 8:07 p.m.
billstewartx said:

Again, 

1-- how much does this insurance cost? 

2-- what was the " actual cash value" (in USD)  that they said a 30 year old MR2 was worth? 

1. I don't have my bill in front of me but I pay a couple hundred a month for a policy that includes the MR2, my 2010 Tundra and my 2005 Prius.

2. Not sure if this was actual cash value, but they told me the market value was $15,xxx something. Scrap value was round $6k.

BimmerMaven
BimmerMaven New Reader
8/26/22 8:13 a.m.

In reply to ARrotard :

This goes along with my experience with my 1999 BMW MRoadster.   A great find, garage queen, low mileage, totalled by a little old lady in a prius.

Initial 3 offers were in line with a generic 4 cylinder car.   They "elevated" the claim as I kept insisting that this wasn't a nice Honda Accord....it was a nice rare BMW..

The special adjuster passed my test on the phone when he could identify the profile of my bmw 600 "Isetta Limo", and knew the value and rarity off the top of his head.

We agreed to about double the initial offer.  I bought it back for 20%.

I'm using the rear suspension and drivetrain, but if you need a nice interior, let me know...

State Farm insurance, BTW.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
8/26/22 10:02 a.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

Surprised you didn't have the MR2 insured with Hagerty or the like.  You get far better coverage for pennies on the dollar usually.  I think I paid something like $30/year for $27k worth of coverage on my Corrado VR6 with Hagerty.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
8/26/22 11:56 a.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

I think I paid something like $30/year for $27k worth of coverage on my Corrado VR6 with Hagerty.

Well sure...it's a VW.  They know that odds are a VW spends 11 months of the year on a lift, so....

Sorry, you just put it up on a tee and I had to swing, LOL.  Hagerty/Grundy are fantastic.  I've got all of my cars with Grundy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KZpravU1d89f9StPSx3fD4bQBa2USeID4B2AGqzCV6lrZfNXnWWEYQAEmcGFpWU6