Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/1/22 7:21 p.m.

My recently acquired 08 civic came with a badly scratched windshield. It looks like the wipers were never replaced. I've been putting off replacing it, but the glare when driving east in the mornings meant that I could hardly see a truck that pulled out in front of me this week. Need to do it soon.

I've only had it done once, and they came to my workplace and did it there. Can I expect that again?

Any companies you would recommend using, or avoiding? Any chance my insurance would cover it?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/1/22 7:30 p.m.

I think insurance only covers cracks.  That said I had my old 99 GMT800 windshield replaced by insurance because of cracks.  They used Safelite.  I could have done the come to me but I just scheduled it for a day I was off first thing in the morning at their shop.  Quick replacement time wise and amazing how clear a new windshield is.

If you have a Florida insurance policy with comprehensive coverage, a windshield replacement is covered with zero deductible. It is literally state law.

Honestly, I would skip SafeLite and use a local auto glass place. Or you could call your insurance company and see who they recommend.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F2zJfo2lGkZjGkxBoirKmLBouA859qyeEBZhGGZmnmgIkLkpDjNvSw7jtoW4dZzK