1 2 3 4 5
failboat
failboat HalfDork
10/19/11 2:24 p.m.

i think if we do manage to suggest something that has not been raced yet, someone here is going to build and race one just to make a point.

everything must be raced.

Taiden
Taiden Dork
10/19/11 2:25 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gBs_miaBPE

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
10/19/11 2:40 p.m.

The only car that will never be raced is the daily driver of an accountant.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Reader
10/19/11 2:40 p.m.

i thinbk its funney that the guy os wearing a tank top and a helmet.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
10/19/11 3:02 p.m.
mndsm wrote: So the answer is, we still haven't found one? How about a Kia whatever they call their minivan?

24 hours of Lemons or Chumpcar will catch up to everything eventually.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/19/11 5:43 p.m.
failboat wrote: i think if we do manage to suggest something that has not been raced yet, someone here is going to build and race one just to make a point. everything must be raced.

I see you've read my newsletter

mmosbey
mmosbey GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/19/11 6:11 p.m.

UPS truck.

UPS destroys their trucks when they're done with them because they are an iconic part of their brand.

OTOH, it isn't raced, but it is quite a build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26O_kWM6jM

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/19/11 6:54 p.m.
mmosbey wrote: UPS truck. UPS destroys their trucks when they're done with them because they are an iconic part of their brand. OTOH, it isn't raced, but it is quite a build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N26O_kWM6jM

Easy enough to find a non branded similar truck and race it, not really in the spirit of the question.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath HalfDork
10/19/11 7:04 p.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: Bugatti Veyron, unless you count the TG test track and mile-long drag races as racing, of course. the Veyron is just too expensive and rare to be raced imho

Here's one getting run down by a Lotus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tze6Ir2jNY

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
10/19/11 7:29 p.m.

UPS brown is a DuPont color, and pretty easy to get.

My nominee: 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder

I don't think it'll hit the track again.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath HalfDork
10/20/11 1:35 a.m.

Mercury Topaz?

scardeal
scardeal HalfDork
10/20/11 8:28 a.m.

Has anyone raced big rigs... with a trailer attached?

M030
M030 HalfDork
10/20/11 9:33 a.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Chrysler LeBaron. Convertible, especially. My wife (at the time, girlfriend) owned one when we started dating- she asked if we could autocross it. I gave her a flat "hell no" and that ended there. Mushiest suspension ever fitted to a car, worst brakes, a chassis as flexible as a Cirque du Soleil performer, and nose-heavy understeer to boot.

All very true, but they do have torque. About seven years ago, I had a '93 Lebaron Convertible. I used to love to race Fast & Furious wannabes with it.

There was one kid in particular who drove a bright orange Sentra with a huge aluminum wing and a 'fart can' exhaust. I would beat him from light to light, every time. Sometimes by a full car length.

There can be no greater shame than when someone in a ratty old Lebaron smokes you in your loud "tuner car". Except maybe getting beaten by a minivan

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath HalfDork
10/20/11 9:45 a.m.
M030 wrote: There can be no greater shame than when someone in a ratty old Lebaron smokes you in your loud "tuner car". Except maybe getting beaten by a minivan

I once beat a truly horrific driver in a slick shod Ferrari F40 with my snow tires from the junkyard shod Toyota Corrolla at an autocross.

Does that count?

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
10/20/11 9:50 a.m.
mmosbey wrote: UPS truck. UPS destroys their trucks when they're done with them because they are an iconic part of their brand.

I don't know about that... the UPS drivers where I grew would give you quite a run for your money through our twisty mountain roads... while it was snowing... while they were in shorts... with the door open.

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
10/20/11 10:28 a.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: My wife (at the time, girlfriend) owned one when we started dating- she asked if we could autocross it. I gave her a flat "hell no" and that ended there.

Ah yes, back when they listened to us, before we were married...

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
10/20/11 10:30 a.m.
DaewooOfDeath wrote: I once beat a truly horrific driver in a slick shod Ferrari F40 with my snow tires from the junkyard shod Toyota Corrolla at an autocross. Does that count?

More than you can imagine.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg HalfDork
10/20/11 3:54 p.m.

saw one on the way home that I'm fairly sure will never be raced. Chrysler Pacifica. not quite minivan, not quite SUV. also, that weird breadvan-esque Ferrari FF

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
10/3/12 7:33 p.m.
clownkiller wrote: Smart cars!

think again..

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/3/12 7:42 p.m.
scardeal wrote: Has anyone raced big rigs... with a trailer attached?

An 18 wheel drift sounds cool

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
10/3/12 7:49 p.m.
scardeal wrote: Has anyone raced big rigs... with a trailer attached?

Saw it on one of the NHRA broadcasts years ago. Two of the teams raced their haulers down the strip after it was all over one weekend. Of course it was mostly for show.....but I want to say they ran like 28 or 32 sec 1/4 mile times.

Edit- I seem to recall a picture of two big rigs racing down this road just wide enough to fit both of them in Mexico, Columbia, or somewhere similar.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
10/3/12 7:53 p.m.
donalson wrote:
pinchvalve wrote:
um... wow... prob shouldn't say this... but never thought i'd like how an aztec looked... but that one I dig...

IIRC there was an article in Autoweek on this Aztek when it was built. Bunch of GM or Pontiac engineers did it. May have had a V8,etc.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/3/12 8:01 p.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: saw one on the way home that I'm fairly sure will never be raced. Chrysler Pacifica. not quite minivan, not quite SUV. also, that weird breadvan-esque Ferrari FF

Maybe not on a track, persay- but i've raced one. Surprisingly torquey.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
10/3/12 8:19 p.m.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
10/3/12 8:19 p.m.
scardeal wrote: Has anyone raced big rigs... with a trailer attached?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BguuWFwUQ44

1 2 3 4 5
Our Preferred Partners
ExcoTfQK6IEN5s5S6SSRdO6jKnlUys214qStkzvZDzbjcBYzqG234ZkEYb5GQjcL