1 2 3 4 ... 7
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/20/14 8:45 a.m.
eastsidemav wrote:
Lesley wrote: I had a "drag" of a time with the Abarth... http://www.autos.ca/car-test-drives/2013-fiat-500-abarth-cabrio/
Lesley, I remember that article when you first posted it. Loved it! There are quite a few 500c Abarths still available on lots near me, but I really wdidn't want the extra weight and complexity. And I have a major hangup about being able to see out of a car.

Yeah, that article was fabuLOUSSS!!!!! I rolled through most of it. I meant to ask would your tallest friend actually fit in the FIAT with the top closed?

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
3/20/14 10:17 a.m.

Not a chance! Not without tilting her head sideways.

When not in drag, my friend J.C. wrenches on his original Taurus SHO. His brother owns a NASCAR team down in South Carolina.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/24/14 6:44 a.m.

Trying to decide if I like the Rallyarmour mud flaps or not. I like them on the Subaru, just not sure the Abarth.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/24/14 8:17 a.m.

In reply to Jerry: Are those PZero Neros on there?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/14 8:42 a.m.

The mud flaps might be a good idea. My one complaint is that in the bad weather the back of the car is always filthy.

As for snow tires I have set of Michelins on our Pop and they have been great all winter. The ESC hardly ever kicked in and as long and she touched the ground she chugs right along. As good as they are though I am hoping to take them off at some point. We are supposed to get another six inches tomorrow.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/24/14 9:06 a.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

Yes they are. The only options I was making sure I got were the upgraded 17" wheels/tires and sunroof. Everything else was gravy. For E36 M3ty weather I have the Subaru at least.

I'm thinking the mud flaps might be a good idea at this point. I put RokBlokz on the Subaru last week and love them.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/24/14 9:55 a.m.
Jerry wrote: Yes they are. The only options I was making sure I got were the upgraded 17" wheels/tires and sunroof.

Be sure to rotate them religiously every 10k or so. Even at that I only got a little over 20k out of mine before they were toast.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
3/24/14 1:40 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: Be sure to rotate them religiously every 10k or so. Even at that I only got a little over 20k out of mine before they were toast.

Maybe if you rotated them more than once...

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/24/14 1:49 p.m.
Jerry wrote: In reply to Flight Service: Yes they are. The only options I was making sure I got were the upgraded 17" wheels/tires and sunroof. Everything else was gravy. For E36 M3ty weather I have the Subaru at least. I'm thinking the mud flaps might be a good idea at this point. I put RokBlokz on the Subaru last week and love them.

I had Pzero Neros on the Focus and loved them. Very good balance with those two and good wear. Great street setup.

Tried to photo-chop the flaps on to see how they would look?

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/24/14 2:29 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Tried to photo-chop the flaps on to see how they would look?

Hmmmm....found a few samples. I kinda likey.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/27/14 12:03 p.m.

"April 4-6 - 2014

Spring FIAT on the Dragon

This event is designed to be more than just a drive. We will have planned family-friendly events, both at the host motel and in the area, throughout the weekend. There will be organized sightseeing drives, food, social time, bonfires, and much more. There is no better way to have fun with your FIAT!"

Dammit... Wish I had found this earlier for more planning.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
4/5/14 4:16 p.m.

Glad I did it, and chose this color.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
4/5/14 5:46 p.m.

In reply to Jerry:

Did those require any drilling(especially of metal), or did they fit in factory holes?

wae
wae Reader
4/5/14 5:48 p.m.

Looks nice! Out of curiosity, (and terribly off topic) what do you think of the Rally Amror vs Rokblokz?

Jerry
Jerry Dork
4/5/14 5:51 p.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

One hole in plastic only on each rear, fairly benign. Just adds a gromet-type fastener near the bottom. Much flappier than I expected after the RokBlokz I put on the Subaru a few weeks ago.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
4/5/14 5:53 p.m.

In reply to wae:

RokBlokz on the Subaru were a little easier, no drilling needed (but as I just told Tim it was only one hole per rear flap on plastic only). The RokBlokz are pretty damn stiff while these RA's are like rubber.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/5/14 9:05 p.m.
Wally wrote: The mud flaps might be a good idea. My one complaint is that in the bad weather the back of the car is always filthy.

Adding a rear spoiler might help keep the back end clean, or at least the glass.

Wally
4/6/14 4:29 p.m.

I'm going to have to look at the spoiler. I've never had a car wear out the rear wiper first before. I tried to tell her the first rule of Italian driving is what's behind you doesn't matter but she wasn't having it.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
4/6/14 4:53 p.m.

Hmm already has a rear spoiler up top. I've seen spoiler extensions and a boot spoiler that's basically in the middle of the back, like below the window.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
4/7/14 8:50 a.m.

^^ I really like the look of that. If I didn't think it'd look completely out of place on my base model, I'd have already ordered one.

Woody
4/7/14 9:26 a.m.
Jerry wrote: Hmm already has a rear spoiler up top. I've seen spoiler extensions and a boot spoiler that's basically in the middle of the back, like below the window.

I don't think the Pop comes with the top spoiler.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
4/7/14 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

I believe you're right. I've seen a few base models lately. Some lady in a base 500 convertible gave me a thumbs up this morning at a light.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/7/14 12:28 p.m.
Jerry wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
Jerry wrote:
JThw8 wrote: Some of the things on my wishlist when I stop spending money on the other heaps in my driveway: Rear seat delete kit (not sold by madness). They've been folded down since the day I bought the car and I don't anticipate them going up any time soon.
Rear seat delete? I'm intrigued.
http://rearseatdelete.com/fiat500.html
Lose 47# by removing the "last-resort" backseat that will go unused 99% of it's life?? I'm interested! Hell, I drove the xB for almost 6 yrs and the backseat was used I think 4 times, including the test drive I rode along when the couple bought it last month.

If its anything like my Subcompact hatchback....most of that weight is going to be in the rear set backs. The bottom cushion for your butt is just foam and very light.

I have had my seat backs removed for years and left the bottom seat cushion in to keep things from sliding forward out of the trunk area. Granted it does not look nice and neat like that rear seat delete kit, it looks like a seat without a back, but it also cost me nothing and I have more room to load stuff in and the car is lighter.

Woody
4/7/14 12:48 p.m.
Jerry wrote: In reply to Woody: I believe you're right. I've seen a few base models lately. Some lady in a base 500 convertible gave me a thumbs up this morning at a light.

Are you sure it was her thumb?

Wally
4/7/14 1:54 p.m.

Our POP has no spoiler, I mat get the top one but think the lower one is kind of goofy looking. My wife waves to other Fiats all the time, they are such happy looking little cars.

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HU854M6cejhLDEFEtleM1o5awMz141Q58xJVVJiYjphsWb3iv4y0deVJWaSilmbG