1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/14/15 8:42 a.m.

Yea the recaros on the FiST are ridiculous. I guess a lot of people like them though.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/15/15 7:50 a.m.

Ah, darn. Couldn't land on a price I wanted at a local dealer on the Abarth. Which is probably best because my proportions were not suited for those seats. So went on Cars.com and found the cleanest, cheapest, and most equipped Sports Turbo. Found one in Kentucky and an awesome GMRer checked it out. Sounded good, pictures looked good, so I put $1,000 down on it and bought plane tickets to Kentucky. I've only driven manual three times now and never been past 4th gear, so the 7 hour drive back will be fun.

What are some upgrades you guys have done to your Abarth? The warrenty runs out in 3k miles. Thinking rear seat delete (If I could put the back seats in my living room as additional seating that would be awesome.) and short throw.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
8/15/15 8:27 a.m.

No mods to mine so far (still in warranty). The only thing I've done is remove the rear seat backs, so I could carry a full size spare tire on my epic road trip. At some point, I'll put them back in, because the subwoofer seems to sound a lot better with them there.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/15/15 12:20 p.m.

Ah, interesting yea that makes sense.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/15/15 3:41 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote: No mods to mine so far (still in warranty). The only thing I've done is remove the rear seat backs, so I could carry a full size spare tire on my epic road trip. At some point, I'll put them back in, because the subwoofer seems to sound a lot better with them there.

Oh yea, you're talking about the beats subwoofer? How is the beats system, mine that's coming has it. I know beats is mostly marketing / sorta a joke, but I sell audio equipment on the side and EVERYTHING is marketing / sorta a joke except for a select few companies.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/15/15 4:54 p.m.

From everything I've looked into, the Beats system is the same as the regular but with a subwoofer. It's not bad. If I end up picking one of these up, a ported downpipe and some turbo/downpipe blankets would likely be my first purchases.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/15/15 5:49 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: From everything I've looked into, the Beats system is the same as the regular but with a subwoofer. It's not bad. If I end up picking one of these up, a ported downpipe and some turbo/downpipe blankets would likely be my first purchases.

They are pretty cool SlickDizzy. Light and the turbos are fun to throw around. The seating position is strange, but I love it. Super high up and almost like bench seats.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
8/17/15 6:21 a.m.

I have the Beats system, sounds good but nothing to compare it to. Mods? Hmm, rear seat delete, bigger rear torsion bar (Big Red), Eurocompulsion intake, Eibach Sportline springs, HID headlights, carbon fiber door handle covers, plastidipped the chrome, red VHT the tail lights (hated the chrome trim), some carbon fiber vinyl here and there....

EDIT: forgot the short shift adapter. Totally worth the ~$100.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/22/15 7:49 a.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: From everything I've looked into, the Beats system is the same as the regular but with a subwoofer. It's not bad. If I end up picking one of these up, a ported downpipe and some turbo/downpipe blankets would likely be my first purchases.

The purpose of blankets is to keep the heat off other parts of the engine? Never had a turbo before.

I think I want to put $1.5k into the car, since I had an amount saved. And ended up spending under that. Would like a bit more performance, while keeping it reliable too.

Will short shift adapter make the shifter feel better? It's sorta wobbly.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/22/15 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Coldsnap:

Here, let me help you spend your $1.5k

http://500madness.com/fiat-500t.php

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
8/24/15 6:02 a.m.

Saturday my dealership had a rally for customers with a James Bond theme, about 25 of us showed up. Running around Dayton looking for clues and scavenger hunting, and some free swag afterwards. Perfect day for it too, sunroof open and windows down.

My car was pretty popular, I think the deleted back seat actually caught the most attention.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/24/15 6:19 a.m.

Let's have some fun. What are the first 3 mods you should do to your Abarth after you get it?

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
8/24/15 7:05 a.m.

Hm. Short shift adapter (to answer the previous question, big difference for ~$100). Bigger rear torsion bar, for a little more neutral to oversteer, also fairly cheap. And I'd say either GoPedal and/or ECU if you can swing the $ but I have not gone that route yet. Probably in the spring/tax return.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/24/15 7:10 a.m.

That sounds like a ton of fun. I like the black Abarth thumbs-up.

I'm about to order for my 500Turbo: Short shift adapter, Abarth rear diffuser, Neuspeed muffled dual exhaust, new pedals, ECU Tune, Intake, antenna cap, and turbo blankets. Gonna try to make it look like a 500 sleeper.

The rear torsion bar? That's the big read thing which sits behind the back two tires?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/24/15 7:24 a.m.
Coldsnap wrote: The rear torsion bar? That's the big read thing which sits behind the back two tires?

Unless you bought a red one...then dont confuse it with the back bumper.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/24/15 7:44 a.m.

:P

http://500madness.com/500madness/pdf/FIAT-500T-ABARTH-REAR-SWAY-BAR-28MM.pdf

It looks like hitting a bump would be pretty miserable with that big torsion bar across the back.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
8/24/15 8:09 a.m.

I have the Neu-F rear bar if I remember, had for about a year. No issues, and plenty of miles/smiles.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/24/15 8:22 a.m.

Gotcha, does the short shift adapter make the stick feel a bit stiffer too? I found the stock one to be a bit floppy and loose feeling. (that sorta sounds gross)

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
8/25/15 6:02 a.m.

Random guy stops for directions at my work, I like his car.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
9/28/15 11:03 a.m.

I'm still really liking mine without the stripe package....

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
9/28/15 11:07 a.m.

Paul I wana see more pics of yours. As it's the color / option package I'd get. I would keep the strip package off. I like the understated look best.

I think I finally dialed in the seat position in mine. Spent some time last night in an empty parking lot trying out a few different positions. Here's a picture of my 500Turbo

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
9/29/15 5:59 a.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?: I've seen a few Star Wars themed stripes that go along the bottom edge of the car, with AT-AT and other vehicle silhouettes....

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
9/29/15 10:39 a.m.

http://www.abarthonly.com/store/p30/Moretti_Motor_Company_FIAT_500_Rear_Seat_Delete_Kit.html

There is the rear seat delete kit found on AbarthOnly. How does it actually look Jerry? I'm going to abuse the E36 M3 out of the hatchback exemption for G-street....lol

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/15 10:49 a.m.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/29/15 1:56 p.m.

Short throw shifter, rear bar.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XqNCwISndpvLE1iu9So8riyKuGl8soEKaOQmMSQyIbev2GgsGfHiQDJbXnWPUYV8