1 2 3 4
Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
1/29/10 3:58 p.m.
Hal wrote:
jrw1621 wrote: Received moments ago from Avis:
That's called proactive crisis prevention or CYA. The members of this and other automotive forums seem to be regarded as the "car guys", the people with the answers to all "car questions". As such I think it is our duty to explain to all who will listen that the problems are caused by the TBW systems and automatic transmissions. And that untill such items are eliminated from vehicles this type of problem will always exist.

Now we're talking. And that MASS is the enemy of your brakes. If the cars weight less there wouldn't be this issue.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/29/10 4:12 p.m.
jstein77 wrote: Kick 'em while they're down

To me this is just C4C role reversal, or payback.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
2/1/10 12:51 a.m.
John Brown wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote:
John Brown wrote: Oh come on Eric, I work for a US company, we sell and repair German vehicles that are mostly manufactured in Mexico ;)
ROFL! But IIRC, you work for the Evil Overlords that won't bring the Polo over here...I guess I'l drive my A2 Golf for *another* 18yrs. And I work for a US Company that distributes (mostly) US product. We're pretty successful, but we're not a manufacturing company.
I work for Williams Autoworld, an American company that sells products from various locations and also service. Our current product range involves Volkswagen, Audi and Subaru.

Ah, mea culpa. I thought you were implying that you worked for VW of America. I work for Turner Broadcasting.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
2/1/10 1:03 a.m.
John Brown wrote: My new favorite story: http://www.autospies.com/news/PEDAL-GATE-UPDATE-Ford-Halts-Production-Of-Chinese-Delivery-Vans-That-Use-Toyota-Spec-Accelerator-Pedals-51527/
Ford has initiated a stop work order on a full-size van because it uses the same gas pedal believed to be the cause of sudden, uncontrolled acceleration in several Toyota models. Roughly 1,600 Ford Transit Classic diesel vehicles for the Chinese market have been assembled since production began in December. Production was frozen on the Transit Classic, which is built by a joint venture with Jiangling Motors Co. The van's accelerator, sourced by Indiana-based firm CTS Corp., is a part alleged to be the leading factor in 20 deaths and 2,000 complaints in Toyota vehicles dating back to 2005.

I really have nothing else important to add to the topic, but any time the Ford Transit comes up in conversation, I feel the need to add this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pklvKKnd0

Everyone have a laugh, and then carry on with the regularly scheduled mayhem.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/1/10 6:10 a.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Interesting thing noticed... This the first I have heard of the Pontiac Vibe being included (though it makes sense.)

I hope the four people that own them take note.

In related news with the start of Nascar Speedweeks coming up Micheal Waltrip is optimistic that his Camrys will be unstopable.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
2/1/10 7:11 a.m.
Wally wrote:
jrw1621 wrote: Interesting thing noticed... This the first I have heard of the Pontiac Vibe being included (though it makes sense.)
I hope the four people that own them take note. In related news with the start of Nascar Speedweeks coming up Micheal Waltrip is optimistic that his Camrys will be unstopable.

"Brakes? who needs em? HAL, warp speed engage"

[ booger ] Go that way, REALLY fast...if something gets in your way...turn [/ booger ]

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HWINuHlogi0ovbNSR3h0k3QdO9shIuGCkYravp2nSs9Z8pY5qzAqMHJMFAfeXaV7