1 2
Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/26/16 9:24 p.m.

Anybody else having issues with a permanent "Subscribe Today" window that won't respond to the goaway button, but just sort of randomly bops around covering the left margin of the thread window? I either have that, or the black GRM masthead floating across the middle of the screen even though content is scrolling above and below it.

Chrome 50.0.2661.87 m on Windows 8. Thanks!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/26/16 9:35 p.m.

I haven't seen it, but generally this type of website weirdness is corrected by clearing your cache. Have you tried that yet?

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
4/26/16 9:48 p.m.

I had that at one time, right now I'm getting mad at the top banner that covers the top 1/3 of my iPad screen if I zoom in on text or pics. Pissing me off, it's like they purposely made that thing to put the massive word "SUBSCRIBE" in my face if I zoom in.

EastCoastMojo
4/26/16 9:53 p.m.

I agree, the banner does not behave when zooming in. I will check in with Ed and see if there is a fix.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/16 10:00 p.m.

See if there was a way to connect your login to your subscription info, this pop up could be tailored to the folks who haven't subscribed.

It could even provide info on how long they've subscribed and how long they have left on their subscription.

But apparently those two databases will never be connected.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/27/16 11:16 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Pretty sure this has been being discussed for about a month.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/did-the-forums-header-just-change/111719/page1/

But yeah, I find it annoying too.

EastCoastMojo
4/27/16 1:34 p.m.

Yeah, I knew there was a previous discussion but was not sure of the status and did not feel like searching for the thread. I have reached out to Ed to see if there has been any work on the banner behavior or the subscribe pop up.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
4/27/16 1:56 p.m.

YES! It makes the site unusable on my mobile device. That stupid header covers the whole screen except about one line of text as soon as you try to pinch zoom to read something.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
4/27/16 2:09 p.m.

Huh, I haven't seen any pop ups. 90% of the time I'm here I'm on my iPhone with chrome.

It would be great if there were a login/subscription connection of some sort.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
4/28/16 10:41 a.m.

Hi guys. Looking into this now. Can someone shoot me a screenshot of the header causing the issue?

EastCoastMojo
4/28/16 11:50 a.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham:

Excellent. I have e-mailed you a couple screen shots of the banner from my android phone. I am not getting the subscribe now pop up issue, hopefully someone else will send you a screen shot of that.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/28/16 12:00 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

I'm not at the computer that was doing it, but if it is still happening tonight, I'll try to remember. Thanks.

Ed Higginbotham
4/28/16 1:44 p.m.

And yes, ECM is right about the pop-up issue. That kind of problem may be corrected by clearing your cache. Try that. The pop-up still exists on the site, but it's commented out.

Ed Higginbotham
4/28/16 2:06 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I agree, the banner does not behave when zooming in. I will check in with Ed and see if there is a fix.

We figured out a fix for the mobile header issue and we're working on building and implementing it.

EastCoastMojo
4/28/16 2:37 p.m.

YAY!!! Thanks Ed!

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Reader
4/28/16 2:50 p.m.

It appears that the header zooms with the rest of the stuff on the screen, and when it gets big enough, it starts a new line for the menu button. If you can keep the header from zooming, that should take care of it.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/29/16 5:52 a.m.

No change yet on an iPhone 5.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/29/16 6:06 a.m.

Actually, there is a change, and it's worse.

It is now dependent on how far I zoom. If I zoom a little, the button/ banner jump to a random size, then retreat to a size that is tolerable. But if I zoom in closer, the button claims 100% of the screen.

This is related to you trying to keep the banner at the top of the screen at all times, regardless of scrolling down the page(like "freeze panes" in Excel). GRM is the only site I can find that does that.

The proem is it doesn't just stay at the top. It jumps in six a bit randomly related to zoom.

BTW it is much more annoying in landscape than in portrait.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/29/16 9:38 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: And yes, ECM is right about the pop-up issue. That kind of problem may be corrected by clearing your cache. Try that. The pop-up still exists on the site, but it's commented out.

Nope, didn't work. Cleared my cache and restarted the browser, but I still have this:

It's more or less permanently there in Chrome under Windows 8. Not there under Firefox in Windows 7, or Safari in Yosemite. The black header behaves badly, too - often jumping down to the middle of the screen, etc. Thanks for anything you can do.

In the meantime, I'll try restarting my machine.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/30/16 6:34 a.m.

I'm just popping in to say That I am experiencing this on my Acer notebook. Also, so I can referred back to the conversation for updates. That is all.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/30/16 9:01 a.m.

Sorry, I forgot to mention at the outset that this only started the night I made the thread. Before that I never had a problem with it.

EastCoastMojo
4/30/16 9:22 a.m.

The banner is no longer zooming for me - android chrome mobile. Thank you!

Duke, do you have a pop up blocker add in on chrome? Seems it should catch the subscribe now pop up too.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/30/16 9:28 a.m.

I still get the giant banner on my iPhone. Do I need to delete the app and reload it?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/30/16 1:56 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: The banner is no longer zooming for me - android chrome mobile. Thank you! Duke, do you have a pop up blocker add in on chrome? Seems it should catch the subscribe now pop up too.

No, but I never needed one. This only started happening last week. And it doesn't respond to the X button, either. The black banner also sometimes moves around the laptop screen, too.

The banner zooms in Safari on my iPhone, too, but only when I zoom pretty far in.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/30/16 3:28 p.m.

I wish my banner issue was that small.

Screenshot of an Iphone 5 when zoomed in (about 70%).

Scrolling in any direction will not make it go away. The only option is zooming out, and then I can't read some things.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5v1iPcAtFT2KyzTdgp0JqVTH5GKDz008oT7nLHJE8BV83V8GOYGW25bMKgNr0VdX