914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/25/19 11:54 a.m.

...That, this time, turned out quite well !!

Headlights on the Maxima were a bit foggy.  Hit them with some 1500 wet sand using Dawn and water, gave them a rub.  Blow it off, wipe it down with clear water, blow it off, give it a lick of denatured alcohol and let dry.  Two VERY light coats of spray high gloss clear, Viola!  New headlights.

It worked out so well that I did the Jettaa.  I also replaced the fog bulbs with yellow H-11s and put on some yellow Lamin-X.  Fog light should not be white.

(apologies for pictures in the wrong order)

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/25/19 5:00 p.m.

Fog lights in yellow?  Are you from France?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/26/19 6:40 a.m.

In my head ......

Dootz
Dootz Reader
8/26/19 6:50 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

No, just somewhere with common sense (yellow = better visibility in bad weather conditions)

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
8/26/19 10:37 a.m.

I hardly ever do any that don't need to go lower (in grit) than 1500. I think the lowest i've gone was 320, but those headlights felt like sandpaper before i ever put sandpaper to them! The worst thing you can do (how do i know this) is get all the way up to higher grits before realizing there's still some stuff you needed to go rougher on the first step to get out and now you have to basically start all over again. I still rate fixing headlights as being less annoying than doing good window tint! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2gLQb3CZ4cox5hoFSljzcLFFZzit84766aB5QfIfH04IYEWCRjCpcpKuktV4Djfp