1 ... 5 6 7
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/20 7:12 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I see your point. I guess I can use a no-reserve auction figure out how much of a "shrewd negotiator" I was when buying the car by how big a bath I end up taking. This is definitely one of the cars where I'm going to lose money based on the amount of effort I've put in (plus as usual, I probably overpaid for it a bit when buying it).

In your current experience, how long does it usually take the BaT folks to turn around from accepting a car to it actually showing up on the site?

I have no skin in the game. I was just sharing my experience 

Didn't intend to imply you did, sorry if it came across like that.

my cars make it to BAT between 3- 4 weeks from listing on average. Depending on what competitive models there is - they at times move it around 

good luck 

Thanks. I did decide to pull the trigger and give them the OK to list it at no reserve. Let's see how it does.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/12/20 7:32 p.m.
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) said:

Thanks. I did decide to pull the trigger and give them the OK to list it at no reserve. Let's see how it does.

Good luck brother! Will be watching. My car from ATL should be here Friday, and get it listed on BAT in 3 more weeks. 

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/12/20 10:08 p.m.
LanEvo said:

I love Caterhams (and other modern Lotus 7 clones). Problem is, many clubs around here won't allow you to run a roadster without full cage and hardtop in place. And even with cage and top, they're still kind of a death trap ... especially for a guy my size who can barely squeeze into one. 

Agreed.  I love the idea of a Seven, I've driven a few and really liked driving them, but taking one out on a big track like Laguna or Sears Point would terrify me.  Autox would be a different story.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
8/13/20 10:15 a.m.

I was going to comment on driving a Seven with bigger cars and lack of side impact protection; then I'm reminded that I've been around Riverside and Willow Springs on a motorcycle, plus I drove my Formula 500 at track day last year.

So I'm thinking mixing it up with 3500lb cars in a 650lb car makes me uniquely unqualified to give an objective view on the subject.

I'm thinking a stockish EVO is still the best fit.

8/13/20 5:08 p.m.

Right, official acceptance email received.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/27/20 12:30 a.m.

Any updates on new ride ?

8/27/20 7:01 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Forgot to update this thread as I put the update into a separate thread - I'll be road tripping around Labor Day weekend to check over and hopefully pick up this car:

Yeah, I know, that's a very funny looking Evo.

9/21/20 1:21 p.m.

And the S2000 is now live on BaT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-honda-s2000-56/

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qvHYngCDG72deKO3hikc78w2Q21U27FpsCn7Wf3FivpsWUgpJwoD9rDUD3ARREjf