Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
10/31/16 3:26 p.m.

Thread from 2016:

Does anyone have any pre knowledge of good stuff that people like us would be interested in?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/31/16 3:48 p.m.

My deal on Black Friday is to stay far, far, away from any retail establishment.

I'd much rather pay double, any other day of the year.

Good luck with your shopping.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/31/16 4:18 p.m.

There are entire websites dedicated to the topic.
Try slick deals.com

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UltraDork
10/31/16 5:37 p.m.

Can find good deals on hockey masks and machetes...

Will
Will UltraDork
10/31/16 6:15 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: My deal on Black Friday is to stay far, far, away from any retail establishment. I'd much rather pay double, any other day of the year. Good luck with your shopping.

Online retailers do Black Friday, too. They're not waiting for Cyber Monday anymore because they figured out if people spend all their money on BF, they can't spend it on CM. And money burns holes in pockets.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/31/16 6:33 p.m.

I hate this time of year both as a vendor and a consumer.

"I want to pay you less for your stuff!" say the customers to the vendor.
"Buy our stuff at a lower price, which means we've been ripping you off all year!" say the vendors to the customer.

Cyber Monday happened when online shopping was the exception rather than the norm. Now that everyone shops with their phone when they're on the toilet, you don't get that Monday back-to-work bounce that you used to.

I'll be hanging out with Toyman.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/31/16 7:18 p.m.
Will wrote:
Toyman01 wrote: My deal on Black Friday is to stay far, far, away from any retail establishment. I'd much rather pay double, any other day of the year. Good luck with your shopping.
Online retailers do Black Friday, too. They're not waiting for Cyber Monday anymore because they figured out if people spend all their money on BF, they can't spend it on CM. And money burns holes in pockets.

I'm lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving weekend where there is virtually no cell service and limited wifi. I probably won't even be on here.

It will be glorious.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/31/16 7:19 p.m.

And apparently snuggling with Keith this year...

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/31/16 7:27 p.m.

I'm feeling healthy enough to jump in on a 10 year subscription this year.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/20/18 7:26 a.m.

Zombie thread, canoe deleted 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hNOBDc8IOBAbrenFzngw14cW5Manp0ukFT7oT5PhLqUA8HPVek9jb4NLaHb1O7YM