BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/20 3:28 p.m.

Our recently acquired LJ needs the front brakes redoing, and by the looks of it the full Monty - calipers, rotors and pads. I've not really used any of the NAPA own brand pads before as I usually go for more premium pads when I do the work myself.

Anybody got experience with those pads? Decent enough for a semi-daily driver? It's not like this thing is going to get Autocrossed or tracked.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/20 3:35 p.m.

I used to sell them professionally. They only difference between the absolute cheapest green box and the "premium" blue box is the color of the box and the warranty. Stay far away.

The silver box "ultra premium" is okay ish. Check with your NAPA to see if they carry the real OE pads through their import line, they usually do.

BoxheadTim
1/19/20 3:57 p.m.

Thanks Javelin, I was hoping you'd be able comment on this.

As I have to wait for some of the parts (nobody seems to have braided stainless brake hoses in stock for a non-lifted LJ), it sounds like I'd be better off just hitting up TireRack and get some pads from a manufacturer I actually recognise.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/20 4:19 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Bingo bango. No reason to use these unless it's an emergency.

BoxheadTim
1/21/20 7:23 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Thanks. And because I'm nothing but predictable, a full set of plain Centric rotors and Hawk HPS pads are now winging their way to me from Tire Rack.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
1/21/20 12:19 p.m.

I have used NAPA pads on some vehicles. No complaints,worked well.  In one case better than OEM.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
imItm2dWbssO9Sl3mQ808g4xCvWNFJ1UQaeXLKqpjq4uGY2SNP1sVrRm9RpdyjY8