1 2
Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
7/29/10 11:50 a.m.

We are doing a ride along with Patrick Dempsey in a MX-5 Cup car in 45 minutes. Anyone have any questions they want us to ask him? Andy

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/29/10 11:53 a.m.

How did he get so dreamy?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/29/10 11:54 a.m.

Any word on "The Art of Racing in the Rain"?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
7/29/10 11:56 a.m.

Can I have one of his race cars?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
7/29/10 11:59 a.m.

Does he have any GRM-type cars in his stable?

and/or does he have any childhood dream cars low-buck or high-buck in his stable

minimac
minimac SuperDork
7/29/10 12:03 p.m.

Does he need a "gentlemans gentleman"? I could try to handle the overflow, so he won't lose any female fans.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/29/10 12:06 p.m.

Will he co-drive on our Lemons Team?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Reader
7/29/10 12:10 p.m.

wing-man, co-driver, I'm soooo available, not averse to sloppy seconds

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
7/29/10 12:10 p.m.

Is Miata the answer for every question?

Or, ask him a number "best car" related questions and each time he does not say Miata smack him in the face with a wet sock.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/29/10 12:12 p.m.

Greys fan, here...

For a guy whos got ZOMGDOLLARSMONIES and can get whatever he wants (car wise that is) what keeps it exciting? Kinda like living in Hawaii makes the tropical paradise seem everyday and mundane, how do you keep something "everyday" like cars fun when no car is particularly out of reach

Where does he see himself with regards to racing in 5 years? 10 years?

If he had to restore any one car himself, what car and why? Like a specific one he had in his past or just a model he loves. Ex: "I would restore the first car I ever drove solo: the insert crumby rusty early 70s car here my parents got me when I turned 16" or "I would restore an old Europa because theres never been a documented Europa restoration having been started and completed by the same person" etc etc

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
7/29/10 12:15 p.m.

"Can't Buy Me Love"....sequel?

Mini-van or wagon?

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
7/29/10 12:41 p.m.

start a verbal "what car" thread with him. that sounds appropriate for around here

TJ
TJ SuperDork
7/29/10 12:54 p.m.

Ask him if he envisions a future in which he is a full-time racer/owner or if he always thinks he will be an actor to support his racing.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger HalfDork
7/29/10 12:57 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: "Can't Buy Me Love"....sequel?

This! We need to see him back on the mower

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
7/29/10 1:36 p.m.

Does he have any plans on moving up in classes? Either DP's or even the ALMS sports cars, or is he happy in the Grand Am GT series?

Are there any races that he really wants to run, still? Both hopes and plans.

To date, favorite race car and why?

Eric

kb58
kb58 Reader
7/29/10 1:50 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: ...Like a specific one he had in his past or just a model he loves. ...

Hard to name a specific one probably... there was Tyra... oh, wait, is this about cars?

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/29/10 1:53 p.m.

When in Vermont would he be interested in an SCCV autocross or Ice Time trial?

How long til racing in the rain is in theatres? Who's gonna play the Enzo?

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
7/29/10 2:05 p.m.

Does the high pitch of the exhaust of the race car stay with you after long stints in the car . Are you going for a full race season in Grand-am next year? The big races rolex 24 or Sebring 12 hr on your list/schedule for next year ? Where do you get your tearoffs from ?

Andy Reid
Andy Reid Auction Editor
7/29/10 4:00 p.m.

Yes he is planning on many Grand Am as well as Daytona and Sebring but his schedule is not always conducive to a full time series effort which is frustrating for him. He is excited and hoping for a 2011 LeMans run in a Mazda LMP2 entry. He and I went thru these questions together which was fun. He saw all of them. As for when Racing In The Rain will be in theaters that is more difficult to pin down. It will start production next year though.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/5/10 7:33 a.m.

Andy, do you have any more info? will there be an article or something in the mag? I bet theres a lot of people interested to know more.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/5/10 7:43 a.m.
Andy Reid wrote: He and I went thru these questions together which was fun. He saw all of them.

Sweet. Another celeb that knows I'm a jackass.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
8/5/10 7:44 a.m.

Well I missed the original posting for this, but Andy if you do any follow-up questions with him ask him about his Mustang. In particular, does he drive it on the street, or is it a garage queen?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
8/5/10 7:46 a.m.

I'm sorry I missed the window of opportunity. I would have opened with:

"What do you do for a living?"

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
8/5/10 12:56 p.m.

So who is this guy and why should i know him? I've only ever heard of him in the magazine. I could look him up on Wikipedia, but whatever...

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
8/5/10 1:15 p.m.

What car was his first true love?

What car does he most regret selling?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F4iZyaXLQ0I3FG1N9MK1Q7m9COtmvumxgJubstRUF1b8IN3CUrvdDpFfYNQUk4Q8