1 2 3
BoxheadCougarTim
BoxheadCougarTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/18 6:23 p.m.

Thanks - it looks like the rocker arm clamps were installed like this intentionally, so I'll leave them like that.

For now I've decided to go back to the OEM adjusters (the car has to use OEM arms, but the swivel foot adjusters are legal for the class). At least now everything is almost behaving like it should, but I need to reshim the freshly rebuilt and reshimmed rocker shaft with some 0.010" shims that obviously aren't included in the kit, but are needed to give me just the right amount of side play. But even shimmed like it is now, the rocker arms have much less resistance than they had now, it's just that one has too much side play and the other one too little...

Yes, the car still has to run the restrictor plate. I'm not really trying to squeeze the last tiny horse out of the motor, rather freshen up the areas that I disagree with and run the thing. There isn't that much competition out here for FST, so for now the goals are to a) get it back on track running better, not pissing oil all over the place and b) learn enough to finish somewhere in front of the FV mid-pack.

BoxheadCougarTim
BoxheadCougarTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/18 10:15 p.m.

Despite my best efforts, I appear to have a running VW engine. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
3/5/18 9:03 a.m.

Congratulations! I like these motors. Simple and cheap, like me.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n8dcz3aQjqSdKFjaPOtqYIgA1Dp2envZwvKbLMeEDCr2JuR9lBqbWcyOlRybUx09