tr8todd
tr8todd SuperDork
9/23/19 6:34 a.m.

Painted two cars this past weekend.  Single stage white in the driveway.  Has a few bugs in it.  Base coat clear coat silver metallic, in the garage.  Even with a bunch of lights it was dark, hard to see how the metallic was laying down, and lots of work moving cars around to make enough space to walk around the car as I was spraying.  Little flecks of metallic everywhere now.  I have some more cars I'd like to paint next year.  Is it worth investing in one of these tents?  How long will they hold up?  Kids have had those inflatable water slides in the past, and it seems that every year you pull them back out, they have aged several years while in storage.  Does the inside of them get covered in over spray, and start blocking out the sunlight?  Sure they look great in the videos, but those are all brand new.  What do they look like after 3 years and 5 paint jobs?  Wonder if its just easier to buy a bunch of 2X4s and some plastic sheeting.  Build my structure, recycle the 2X4s, and use the sheeting on the next winters back yard ice rink.  Any and all feedback is welcome.  

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
9/23/19 3:22 p.m.

Are they expensive?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0RVSX2Uz1pk5PVF7fvCC6I7tlO7BZRZFNKuTSkQ2z4EtMfbiiMG22asCMv0DULRI