NickD
NickD PowerDork
10/12/19 6:12 a.m.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2204639254?view=permalink&id=10157901713884255

A gentleman on the SCCA Members Facebook group purchased this old white 1980 VW Rabbit that appears to be wearing $20XX Challenge number placards and sponsor stickers. He's wondering about the history of the car. Anybody know anything?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
10/12/19 6:51 a.m.

The number panels don't necessarily mean it was a Challenge car. I had a set on both of my race cars over the years. The CRC sticker would make me think it may have been . Knowing what year CRC came on board as a sponsor might help. Others will chime in, no doubt.

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/12/19 9:57 a.m.

Judging by the rear marker lights and fender profile at the front is that a US built car?

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/12/19 10:15 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

The number panels don't necessarily mean it was a Challenge car. I had a set on both of my race cars over the years. The CRC sticker would make me think it may have been . Knowing what year CRC came on board as a sponsor might help. Others will chime in, no doubt.

It's got a GeneralTire windshield banner too... which, in combination with the CRC & GRM stickers, would also more heavily indicate it was a $2kCallenge car?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/19 12:22 p.m.

Ha! That was mine from 2014. Bought it off CL near Lake Okeechobee, fixed a few things, got it running and added some used slicks. Ran great in autoX at Challenge. Sold it to a guy who was going to take it back SCCA racing. Sad to see it didn't get there.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kEb6VRQjkur1JcMIOsfwNX4o0oxdCEeYfqp7AJQ400XGfHLy3CQjm6Nby1WiDOaa