Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
12/5/21 7:15 p.m.

Wife is looking for a small suv, she's had 5 Lexus GX in a row, and doesn't need/want that size anymore. Thinking it's time for a change, we looked at the Volvo XC-60, and that seemed to fit the bill. The sales guy happened to mention the Mercedes (go figure) so I figured I'd look them up, but not see a reason to spend more money. 

The Mercedes is $10k cheaper with the same spec. What am I missing?

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/5/21 7:44 p.m.

We were looking for a new car her and for some reason she wants a smaller SUV. After looking at everything on the market, we ended up ordering a 2022 GLC 300 Coupe. Drove the regular body with the same motor and it was the nicest one of the bunch(BMW X3, Audi Q3, Lexus RX, Infiniti QX55, etc...). Unfortunately it isn't being built until next week and delivery is sometime in January. Wish I had more for you but it will be several more weeks before I can give you a driving report.

sergio
sergio HalfDork
12/6/21 2:42 a.m.

Don't remember where I read it, but it said there were piston and wrist pin problems with the 2 liter engine. Is it true? Of course I read it on the internet....

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/6/21 8:16 a.m.

Hopefully, like the Mazda, it's a great little car. 

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS New Reader
12/6/21 1:26 p.m.

my wife has the GLB250 and my B.I.L. has the GLC300.  Both are great cars.  The wife liked th GLB because it was a bit less expensive and had the same interior volume.  I personally like the GLC better because i think the interior is a bit more comfortable, the GLB is based on the a series Mercedes (aka FWD) compared to the GLC which is based on the RWD architecture.  That being said considering both vehicles are leased and will be turned in prior to any maintenance / repair costs they are great vehicles.  

I have a 3 series (I prefer sedans but the cross over and sedans are usually the same) and I think the tech in the BMW is better (wireless car play that is well integrated into heads up display) BMW was also more willing to negotiate than Mercedes, I didn't look at Volvo because inventory was very limited at the time when I purchased.  

TL;DR Great car, I'm not considering repair costs as my experience and perspective is regarding leased vehicles.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bSENEChuJLIPN0miHo2uW8oUhlMjQk3M3lLeGsQI3QU2GqS7T8muybA7I7QQPXIS