Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
8/25/20 5:46 p.m.

Over the last couple years this track has quietly been built right outside of Adrian, MO (about 50 miles from Kansas City) but nobody seems to know anything about it. Everything I've heard is that it's going to be private but I also have information that they are putting in 20 condos with garages. I've driven by multiple times trying to sneak a peak (I live 10 mins awayfrown) and it looks like it a very nice track. Guard rails, banked turns, elevation changes, 2600ft straight away. I NEED to know more!!

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
8/25/20 5:57 p.m.

can you ask the city about the building permit ?

Somehow it had to have a public hearing.....

Vajingo
Vajingo New Reader
8/25/20 6:06 p.m.

I think all you need to know is that you won't be able to afford it.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/20 6:12 p.m.

Look up and see if the permits are available on line. You may also be able to down load the plans and specs if they were filed. That will tell you allot. 

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
8/25/20 6:21 p.m.
Vajingo said:

I really hope you're wrong :(

The guy that owns it also owns all the land around it.  I have the name of the owner.  Well outside any city limits, I really doubt much permitting was involved.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
8/25/20 8:45 p.m.

Dibs on one of the condos!

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
8/25/20 9:23 p.m.
Patientzero said:

Well outside any city limits, I really doubt much permitting was involved.

If there is no city then the next level of government would be the county. They would very likely have building codes and where there are codes there are people who enforce them and permit projects.

stroker
stroker UberDork
8/26/20 7:34 a.m.

News to me.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
8/26/20 11:05 a.m.
L5wolvesf said:
Patientzero said:

Well outside any city limits, I really doubt much permitting was involved.

If there is no city then the next level of government would be the county. They would very likely have building codes and where there are codes there are people who enforce them and permit projects.

That's not necessarily true. I lived in a county that didn't have zoning laws outside the main city. Neighbors could complain but you couldn't force anyone to do anything because you could say that someone else is doing something else worse than yourself. I've seen a gas depot right next to a running creek without barriers, seen mountains leveled backfilling creeks for a new shopping center...

FieroReinke
FieroReinke New Reader
11/28/20 7:24 p.m.

In reply to Patientzero :

I haven't been able to find anything out about the track near Adrian but I do know there is also a track going in near Gravois Mills (Lake of the Ozarks).  Opening summer 2021.  With all the hills around the lake it should make for a fun track.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjZ4aU7BP4

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/ozarks-international-raceway.16992/

MrFancypants
MrFancypants Reader
11/28/20 7:31 p.m.

Even "country club" tracks usually allocate some weekends throughout the year to rent to various track day organizers. So getting on the track a few times a year without paying the "premium access" fee will almost certainly be possible.

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/28/20 10:19 p.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

How many hazardous waste dumps in the county?

mw
mw Dork
11/29/20 6:54 a.m.
Vajingo said:

I'm guessing you won't be able to afford it the first year or two, then when hype dies down, there will be track time available at a reasonable price 

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
11/29/20 10:23 a.m.
FieroReinke said:

In reply to Patientzero :

I haven't been able to find anything out about the track near Adrian but I do know there is also a track going in near Gravois Mills (Lake of the Ozarks).  Opening summer 2021.  With all the hills around the lake it should make for a fun track.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjZ4aU7BP4

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/ozarks-international-raceway.16992/

High Quality DI Caprio Inception Blank Meme Template

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/20 10:36 a.m.
Ranger50 said:That's not necessarily true. I lived in a county that didn't have zoning laws outside the main city. Neighbors could complain but you couldn't force anyone to do anything because you could say that someone else is doing something else worse than yourself. I've seen a gas depot right next to a running creek without barriers, seen mountains leveled backfilling creeks for a new shopping center...

That's not really valid.  Someone else doing something worse doesn't give you license to do something.  That's toddler logic, "but Billy next door can do it why can't I?"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cZidvVwJTN6S8qMOuGmmNd7EBY8zobum3vWp0vhFxMOI5jKBsyWMiDJmEuPlCRLj