Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/6/18 12:09 p.m.

Found this:

2wd V8 Pathfinder

Anyone willing to put some eyes on it for me as I'm 10 hours away?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/6/18 5:11 p.m.

Bump!! 

Scottah
Scottah Dork
8/6/18 5:34 p.m.

I’m just north of there but seriously have zero spare time. Sorry I’m not very reliable  between work and three kids under 6. 

I think there’s a member in Washington that sold the free candy van to Pat. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/6/18 9:31 p.m.

Bump 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/7/18 9:08 a.m.

Bueller,Bueller?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/18 11:59 a.m.

Sorry, I was cutting the grass.  Tell me what you want to know.  

pinchvalve
8/7/18 12:08 p.m.

Looks like its ona  dealer's lot down in Washington.  

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/7/18 9:40 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

Looks like its ona  dealer's lot down in Washington.  

Yes it is in Washington. I'd really like to get someone to put eyes on the chassis and possibly take it for a spin to get a general opinion of its condition. Do you think you could help me out with this? I can send you gas money and such if need be  

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
8/7/18 10:25 p.m.

Nissan CVT tranny. Are they durable? I have experience with one and it was on its way out at 100k.

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
8/8/18 8:44 a.m.
rustybugkiller said:

Nissan CVT tranny. Are they durable? I have experience with one and it was on its way out at 100k.

It’s not a cvt, it’s the 5-speed auto. That is in the year range where the trans cooler in the radiator leaked water into the trans. The good news on that is that it probably would have already happened to this one if it were going to. Still not a bad idea to check the trans fluid for strawberry milkshake and the coolant for oil/trans fluid

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/8/18 9:12 a.m.
rustybugkiller said:

My buddy the Nissan tech has swaps down to under an hour. So I'm going to say in general, no, not durable in the least.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/8/18 9:15 a.m.

It's definitely not a CVT in this V8 Pathfinder. It is a 5-speed conventional auto trans.

imgon
imgon Reader
8/8/18 10:58 a.m.

Reach out to Andrew and get his take, he has a general dislike of Pathfinders , mostly for tranny issues I believe. You really need to see someone about your obsession with undesirable Japanese small suv's, just sayin. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/8/18 11:06 a.m.
imgon said:

Reach out to Andrew and get his take, he has a general dislike of Pathfinders , mostly for tranny issues I believe. You really need to see someone about your obsession with undesirable Japanese small suv's, just sayin. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

I've already reached out to him.This isn't undesirable,or small.

pinchvalve
8/9/18 10:20 p.m.

I will try to stop by and will give it a look tomorrow.  

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/9/18 10:25 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

I will try to stop by and will give it a look tomorrow.  

Excellent, thanks! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xiRAcEdlW4NIAA5YJgmcrGzN1kfUX8qklfBW0DBfhiOFhFn5Z4WdW8Vt1UADocY4