1 2 3
fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/28/14 1:15 p.m.

Thought about detailing cars at home as a retirement gig. Coupla/ few cars per week or whatever I felt like doing. I'm sure I could pick up some work from a couple local repair shops. Two post lift for undercarriage and would make it easier to detail plus any maintenance/ repair work while it was on the lift. Could flip a car a month for extra coin too. Part time job, just a supplement, nothin' crazy.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
6/28/14 2:06 p.m.

Yeah I am thinking of starting this as a side gig for the moment to supplement what I am making right now. There are a couple local shops that I could work with as well. This is a fairly small community by the standards of some of ya'll but we do have some folks with collector vehicles (who are mostly older) and of course those in town with some serious scratch.

I am actually thinking eventually I would want to get something like that new Dodge/Ram van that was posted in the other thread with the 4cyl and 40mpg. That would be perfect.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/28/14 3:19 p.m.

I'm surprised I hadn't seen this thread before it was brought back. We vacation in (on?) Aruba. They have guys in parking lots, and the occasional business out of a home doing hand car washes, some with pressure washers. The standard of living is high, and the automotive culture is strong. I thought it would be a good retirement business to put up a few coin-op car washes, one on either side of the island, each with 2-4 bays. I could run it while I'm there, but would need to find somebody I can trust when I'm not.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SHp5G8bq1S3xEKhuFSsxKJqDkzB5rI1EpPKikTKqvS1q8d0hewtJDgA5IX8r2yqw