paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
9/24/13 12:22 p.m.

Looking for some reviews of the LUK clutch kits. I am going to need one soon for my focus, and there listing on rockauto has the same part #'s as a few other manufacturers. And the LUK part number kit is the cheapest. So if its decent quality thats what I am going with. I am just skepticle do to my recent run of junk/low quality parts from even well known brands.

Thanks
Paul

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
9/24/13 12:26 p.m.

Luk is a major OEM supplier of clutches. They do virtually everything in house. They even have a foundry. I can't comment on Luk clutch kits specifically from Rock Auto, but in the OEM world they have an impeccable reputation. And based on my experience having been in their plant at the right time, the original clutch in your Corvette was a Luk.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
9/24/13 12:28 p.m.

BAP-Geon used to sell LUK clutches too, iirc, as an OEM replacement for euro imports. I've used them on ACVW and Opels with good results but nothing really performance related.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/24/13 12:31 p.m.

I've always thought of Luk clutches as a top quality product.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
9/24/13 12:40 p.m.

Luk or Sachs are my favorite stock-replacement sources.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/24/13 12:55 p.m.

Glad to hear this; I was pondering them the other day.

I mostly know of Luk from their sponsorship of Hans Rey and other bicycle stuff; glad to hear I can reward them for pandering to me without buying crap

cdowd
cdowd Reader
9/24/13 1:17 p.m.

I put a LUK clutch in my BMW x5 and has been great for 5 years. I believe that may have been the OEM for it.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
9/24/13 1:38 p.m.

I have a Luk clutch in my mothers 325xit, and just put one in our Lemons Boat/s10, no issues with either, and Luk was/is an OEM clutch supplier for BMW.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
9/24/13 2:56 p.m.

Everytime I order a Sachs clutch I get one with a LUK logo on It so I've got no problem with them.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
9/24/13 2:57 p.m.

As always, much thanks for the quick and insightful replies!

GRM rocks
Paul

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/13 2:59 p.m.

I've used them on Jeeps.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/24/13 3:09 p.m.

should be fine

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners