1 2
mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/22/20 2:36 p.m.
MrFancypants said:

I have a TCL 60" from a couple of years ago. Roku, 4k, HDR, multizone dimming, etc. The picture is fantastic, for the money I don't think it can be beat. At the time the only TVs that were more impressive to my eye were the pricey OLEDs.

I also got to find out that they stand by their warranty. Mine had to be repaired or replaced three times during the warranty period, but they took care of it quickly with no hassles. It's been a year or three since the last replacement and it hasn't given me any more issues.

So you're on your 4th TV? 

MrFancypants
MrFancypants Reader
6/22/20 3:47 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
MrFancypants said:

I have a TCL 60" from a couple of years ago. Roku, 4k, HDR, multizone dimming, etc. The picture is fantastic, for the money I don't think it can be beat. At the time the only TVs that were more impressive to my eye were the pricey OLEDs.

I also got to find out that they stand by their warranty. Mine had to be repaired or replaced three times during the warranty period, but they took care of it quickly with no hassles. It's been a year or three since the last replacement and it hasn't given me any more issues.

So you're on your 4th TV? 

Maybe third. IIRC they replaced a circuit board on the first one and it worked again until it stopped, then they completely replaced it with one that had a bad pixel out of the box, and I believe the one I have now is the last one.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/22/20 4:04 p.m.

I've bought two 55" TCL with Roku from Costco...one 3.5 years ago and one 0.5 years ago.  Based on the way I use TV's a true internet TV (like the TCL with Roku) is quicker / easier to navigate around with than a internet capable TV (like the Sharp I'm currently using).  I don't know what level, or whatever you call it, my TCL is but it has absolutely no controls what...so...ever on the TV, everything is controlled with the remote and the volume buttons are soldered directly onto the PCBA.

My remote once dropped off my bed onto carpet (3' max) and it killed one of the volume buttons.  The volume can also be controlled through the GUI but it's like a five step process or if you are techy (not me), and have time (totally not me), I'm sure you can download an app to control the TV through your smart phone.

TL:DR Version...

Good picture, super easy to set everything up, remote interface is better than the more expensive stuff if you constantly bounce between cable & internet, & I didn't notice bad sound quality but my expectations weren't high...just treat the remote like a Honda Odyssey transmission.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0uU2DM0LHy2TG4463BolnHQlZxPG47LEAYJdxxSQqKGkUzflPqgwligHZDG0mfQ2