David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/25/15 1:16 p.m.

Do I need to fuel the wagon?

Catalina_whitewalls

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
8/25/15 1:33 p.m.

How much oomph did the s80 i6 turbo have? And when the hell did these get this cheap???

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5188945183.html

I need to get off craigslist before I do something stupid like combine the $1200 '62 Buick Special with the $400 430-4 Buick mill and a whole lotta spray.....

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/25/15 1:34 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Do I need to fuel the wagon? Catalina_whitewalls

Maybe twice, we are doing several autocross runs and a few drag passes. That thing is no Prius

Bring it!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/15 2:22 p.m.
yamaha wrote: How much oomph did the s80 i6 turbo have? And when the hell did these get this cheap??? http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5188945183.html I need to get off craigslist before I do something stupid like combine the $1200 '62 Buick Special with the $400 430-4 Buick mill and a whole lotta spray.....

I think the T-6 had 275 hp.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/25/15 2:56 p.m.

The Volvo T6 was not just turbo but two turbos. Does that mean BiTurbo?

Car and Driver says 272 hp with 1/4 mile in 14.6!

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie HalfDork
8/25/15 2:59 p.m.

NMNA, but I can go check this out if someone is interested - http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/5190162201.html

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/15 3:22 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to mndsm: No Tom, come to Indy and snag this to join the fun.... XJR Yo

Ohhhhhh I have lusted over one of those for a long time. That can be made to go REALLY fast via a pully change. I am not sure but I think the limiting factor in those is the trans (could be wrong).

NickD
NickD New Reader
8/25/15 3:52 p.m.
maschinenbau wrote: How easy are clutch changes on the Honda C engines? http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5163878298.html Also, why does the seller think it's a VTEC engine...?

These are absolutely no fun to change a clutch on, did one on my 1990 Legend L 5-speed and I cursed and swore at that thing the whole time and even considered pushing the whole thing out into the road and lighting it aflame. The OEM clutch is a particularly crap design too, using rubber cylinders with bonded metal endplates instead of damper springs. The rubber got hard with age and heat and shattered and wedged the end plates between the clutch and pressure plate and jammed the clutch on.

Also, yeah, no VTEC there. They do have variable runner intakes though. And the power steering on these cars is ridiculous.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/25/15 5:52 p.m.

If anyone is from south central PA, specifically the York area and wants to help on a challenge build I may need your help.

LS400 build thread from the genius who brought you the $2014 Fiero

problemaddict
problemaddict HalfDork
8/25/15 6:17 p.m.

Andrew Nelson is from York. He could probably learn you how to throw a 400hp small block in there...

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/25/15 6:31 p.m.
problemaddict wrote: Andrew Nelson is from York. He could probably learn you how to throw a 400hp small block in there...

I'd rather see him finish what he is currently working on... and maybe turn the car I sold him last year into something entertaining.

I was thinking maybe someone who always wanted to be part of the event but could never make it

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon SuperDork
8/25/15 6:53 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Half Acura, Half Rover. One I've had bookmarked for a long time. 1988 Acura Rover Sterling - $1450 http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5126014797.html

That's actually right down the road from me. I've seen it in person, but never stopped to check it out.

Also, don't count the Oldsmobile out yet, looks like I don't need surgery.

Woody
8/25/15 7:17 p.m.

Not since I bought the bare Formula Ford chassis a few years ago, have I wanted to attend the Challenge so badly...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/25/15 7:26 p.m.
Woody wrote: Not since I bought the bare Formula Ford chassis a few years ago, have I wanted to attend the Challenge so badly...

Bucket list! Buy something huge and not in anyway sporting. I am sure you can recoup your investment after the challenge.

Woody
8/25/15 7:29 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote:
Woody wrote: Not since I bought the bare Formula Ford chassis a few years ago, have I wanted to attend the Challenge so badly...
Bucket list! Buy something huge and not in anyway sporting. I am sure you can recoup your investment after the challenge.

I don't care about the investment, I just don't feel like driving to Florida and back again.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
8/25/15 7:51 p.m.

I did the math and figured I could theoretically attend if I avoid sleep for the entire way there and back. I probably need to find a teammate or co driver or something and that sounds incredibly complicated.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/25/15 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon:

Some of the best news of the day!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/25/15 8:26 p.m.
Woody wrote:
pimpm3 wrote:
I don't care about the investment, I just don't feel like driving to Florida and back again.

Follow my lead of last year:
Fly into FL.
Compete for two days.
Sell car before leaving town (and owning for 48 hours.)

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
8/25/15 8:28 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: Needs more Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercury and Mercedes. Come on folks lets step up... Tommy you need to bring something ridiculous and diesel. Edwardh80 needs to bring his Volvo 850 T5 that he bought from me a month ago.

You've convinced me! I'll be there! I think the only room left in my budget though is for a manual boost controller. Taxes on top of the purchase price don't count towards the budget, do they?

hobiercr wrote: Hmmm, so then this wouldn't be a good idea? Title, who needs a title?

Plus you'd definitely make more than that amount back parting it out afterwards...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/25/15 8:35 p.m.
edwardh80 wrote:
pimpm3 wrote: Needs more Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercury and Mercedes. Come on folks lets step up... Tommy you need to bring something ridiculous and diesel. Edwardh80 needs to bring his Volvo 850 T5 that he bought from me a month ago.
You've convinced me! I'll be there! I think the only room left in my budget though is for a manual boost controller. Taxes on top of the purchase price don't count towards the budget, do they?
hobiercr wrote: Hmmm, so then this wouldn't be a good idea? Title, who needs a title?
Plus you'd definitely make more than that amount back parting it out afterwards...

Taxes don't count.

Great add a T5 Volvo to the list of competitors...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/25/15 8:54 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote:
Woody wrote:
pimpm3 wrote:
Follow my lead of last year: Fly into FL. Compete for two days. Sell car before leaving town (and owning for 48 hours.)

I can help facilitate this if either of you want to make this happen.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/25/15 9:14 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to mndsm: No Tom, come to Indy and snag this to join the fun.... XJR Yo

Oooooh a long body is on my bucket list.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/25/15 9:16 p.m.
Esoteric Nixon wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote: Half Acura, Half Rover. One I've had bookmarked for a long time. 1988 Acura Rover Sterling - $1450 http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5126014797.html
That's actually right down the road from me. I've seen it in person, but never stopped to check it out. Also, don't count the Oldsmobile out yet, looks like I don't need surgery.

excellent news, please bring oldsmobile.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/15 9:44 p.m.
Woody wrote:
pimpm3 wrote:

Ya I am with you on that. 3000 miles in less than a week is a bit tiresome.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/25/15 10:04 p.m.
dean1484 wrote:
Woody wrote:
pimpm3 wrote:
Ya I am with you on that. 3000 miles in less than a week is a bit tiresome.

Thats why a fly and drive is the way to go.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2gQG87vUtIS3VVETkrkBmDpMZrVgYsrb8IS6b71ZRtHHrTu0LHu8jeAFB7i92Hu7