1 2
JBinMD
JBinMD New Reader
6/11/21 9:35 p.m.
stroker said:

Got a line on a potential Malaise/Radwood/Gastropod candidate.  I intend for it to be used as a regular (mebbe not daily) driver.  There is no Objective reason for me to have this car.  It'll cost me money I shouldn't spend (and can barely afford) every month for insurance, registration, personal property taxes, etc.  It saves me no money on gas mileage.

But I want it. 

No, I'm not going to tell you what it is.  That shouldn't matter to the debate.  For $2K I can't get hurt too badly.  

Arguments for/against?

Ok, so $2K is the buy-in, but what is a reasonable estimate of how much you will invest in it to make it the car you want?  If it's less than another $2K more then my advice would be that it's probably an ok idea.  If it's many multiples of $2K then you should bludgeon that dream unmercifully until it finally dies.  Probably.  Unless it's super cool of course.  

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/12/21 5:30 p.m.

Why haven't you started a build thread yet?

TED_fiestaHP
TED_fiestaHP HalfDork
6/12/21 7:32 p.m.

1  No adventure ever started with good decisions.

2  Life is better with some good adventures, well at least you will have some good stories to tell.

3  Limited use classic car insurance is dirt cheap.

4  Don't know what your life budget is, but for this small amount of funds, you could take on a second job for a few months, this is not big money.

5  Just do it or at least try....

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/21 8:46 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XMCS6LSMhwGKOAc2C0iYqCljE6YN57liHr8HuO3JXRpKd2sHLp4NLZlzgFNu0k7p