1 2 3 ... 7
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/13 6:53 p.m.

Alright Portland-area folks, want to meet up? I see we could have done the Historics, but turboswede didn't tell any of his non-924 friends...

Anyway, Wednesday night Beaches Cruise-In at PIR or a Fri or Sat Late Night Drags? My baby sister is in town and I promised her a trip to the track (she's borrowing the Javelin all week...).

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/1/13 8:06 p.m.

Ahh, Portland. Love the city. Hope to move there after school!

Really, I'm surprised more local GRM get-togethers haven't happened yet. There are a lot of us out there.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
7/1/13 8:10 p.m.

I'd love to stare awkwardly at my shoes in a group setting! Count me in!

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
7/1/13 8:38 p.m.

If I move to Seattle area I would still love to crash a Portland event

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/1/13 9:12 p.m.

I told you last year and the year before and you didn't show up and then you sold your 944, so I'm supposed to tell you about a yearly event that you're not too interested in? :)

Oh and at the campsite nearby us at the West End someone showed up in a White Javelin and I thought about grabbing a pic and posting it on your facebook wall, but it was gone before I could ;)

I work from home now, so I'm pretty flexible on my schedule, except for picking up and dropping off my wife at work in Vancouver.

I'm totally up for a Portland area meet up, i need to check the condition of my shoes ;)

There's a weekly Cars & Coffee event on Saturday's that we could all crash and tons of other events around the area to check out.

If anyone likes buffalo wings, I know a great wing place in town (they have vegan wings too Javi), not too mention local beers.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
7/1/13 9:13 p.m.

You had me at "local beers".

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/1/13 9:20 p.m.

Sounds like fun!

Somehow I always manage to complicate scheduling issues, so I'm going to try to just take the stance of trying to show up for whatever everyone else agrees on...

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
7/2/13 2:25 a.m.

I'm gone Wednesday to Sunday, if you meant this week. Visiting family and racing in the Chump Car 36 hour race in Spokane.

Bryce

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
7/2/13 3:21 a.m.

Work is hell, but you get a "maybe" from me.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/2/13 10:29 a.m.

Count me in

Javelin
7/2/13 12:45 p.m.
turboswede wrote: I told you last year and the year before and you didn't show up and then you sold your 944, so I'm supposed to tell you about a yearly event that you're not too interested in? :)

Dude, I was there two years ago! With the 944! In the corral! I missed last year due to 5 month old baby.

Javelin
7/2/13 12:47 p.m.

Alright, I'll talk with the girls tonight and see what's up. Either Beach's tomorrow or we'll do a Late Night Drags.

I'll even drive the Javelin down assuming it doesn't assplode between now and then (I drove it to work...)

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/13 2:49 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
turboswede wrote: I told you last year and the year before and you didn't show up and then you sold your 944, so I'm supposed to tell you about a yearly event that you're not too interested in? :)
Dude, I was there two years ago! With the 944! In the corral! I missed last year due to 5 month old baby.

That's the problem; who wants to go to the corral and cook?

J/K I totally understand about the kid, etc. You and the family are more than welcome next year. My friends show up Thursday night and camp out the entire weekend, so drop by whenever. We'll probably do another drive on Sunday morning. Bring the Javelin!

Javelin
7/2/13 4:52 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

I had to be in the PCA corral. It was fun though!

It looks like PIR is doing a lot of extra stuff for the Beach's tomorrow...

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
7/2/13 6:07 p.m.

been keeping an eye on this since it was posted...

haven't replaced the bent axle yet.... might just try tomorrow anyway...

just in case... WHERE in the Beach's cruise are we to meet?

crap just realized I'm stuffed for the next three nights

Javelin
7/2/13 6:37 p.m.

In reply to oldeskewltoy:

Uh, I dunno. I've never been. Meet by the bright orange POS Javelin?!?

I'll update tonight if possible on whether we are going tomorrow night or Fri/Sat.

I managed to fix the taillights, hazards, and reverse light(s) (one bad socket, but power to it). Trying to fix the brake lights themselves...

Javelin
7/2/13 6:42 p.m.

PS - Next autocross is July 14th. You are all coming, right?!?

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
7/2/13 9:21 p.m.

I can't imagine that I will make it to the one on the 14th, unless I'm spectating or tossing the f150 around. What's the event immediately after that one?

ransom
7/2/13 9:26 p.m.

Crappity. Maybe. Girlfriend is taking dog hiking with another friend, which largely frees me up. But said friend is a terrifying driver, so I'd have to be a right b*stard to insist on taking the car that day...

I need to get back to having a "fun" car and a "household" car...

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
7/2/13 9:35 p.m.

Car2Go to the rescue, Ransom!

Think about it. Rear wheel drive + mid-mounted engine + flappy paddle (sorta) gearbox = RACECAR!

What else would you want to take to the drags on a hot summer night?

ransom
7/2/13 10:06 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Estrotica:

Oh, I was talking about the autocross

If it's just getting there, there's always the van (though I do have a car2go membership; it's actually been handy a couple of times...)

Jcamper
Jcamper New Reader
7/2/13 10:50 p.m.
Javelin wrote: PS - Next autocross is July 14th. You are all coming, right?!?

I will be there with my "broken" svo again! Had great fun at the last one! Jeff

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
7/2/13 10:54 p.m.
Javelin wrote: My baby sister is in town

ROADTRIP

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
7/2/13 11:49 p.m.
Jcamper wrote:

Lol, what the hell was going on with it? At the end it sounded fine.

Jcamper
Jcamper New Reader
7/3/13 12:02 a.m.
accordionfolder wrote:
Jcamper wrote:
Lol, what the hell was going on with it? At the end it sounded fine.

I love it! That is the funniest part! Nothing! It has an antilag system. Ran it with antilag enabled the first few runs, then without after. It worked awesome, but I need to tone it down a bit in the mid/high rpm ranges, it was difficult to modulate the power. The wet pavement wasn't helpful with the antilag testing, either. A few of us were talking afterwards and were laughing about 90% of the folks at the autocross probably leaving thinking something was wrong with it. It was pretty awesome having a stock 2.3 with an HX-35 Holset running 30 pounds of boost with no lag. It sounds freaking crazy though. Awesome, but crazy. Jeff

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w1HSBjtZKcBf8PPQA6BdxFqWn1hjws7791DGq1Y1CKsx5nBFCGvloKRJDYx8jX7Q