1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/19 11:05 a.m.

As you may recall, last summer I acquired a pair of Segway Personal Transporters. My father bought them new, simply because that's the kind of ridiculous thing that he used to do. I gave one to my nephew and kept the other for myself.

My kids and I had ridiculous amounts of fun with it until about a month ago, when it stopped charging. New batteries are pricey. There are many places online that offer to rejuvenate battery packs, and there are YouTube videos showing you how to build your own battery packs, which I have seriously considered. But I've had my fun, and I don't really have time to do a lot of soldering.

I have a Segway with two battery packs, a charging cable, a rare set of Segway saddle bags with all the hardware, and the original receipt for all of it.

I'm not really interesting in trying to sell it, but I do like to trade stuff, especially if you have a knack for electronic stuff and think you car get it going again.

So, what have you got? A pair of Porsche wheels? A Volvo station wagon? A Cannondale mountain bike frame? A case of Newcastle Brown Ale?

I'm willing to listen to any and all trade offers.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/19 11:23 a.m.

I wish I were closer, I'd trade a set of BMW or Porsche wheels for that.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/1/19 11:28 a.m.

I'd love it, but I don't have any Porsche wheels. MR2 Spyder wheels, Ford Taurus X wheels, and sure can dig up a few cases of beer. But I'm also a few hundred miles away.

m_walker26
m_walker26 Reader
7/1/19 11:52 a.m.

I told SWMBO I wouldn't buy any more cars.  But trade for a Segway???  Hmmmmm.   Lucky I'm in Tennessee and you are in Ct.

Wait a minute.  You get rid of stuff that doesn't work anymore?  Or that you really don't need?   Who are you?  Why are you here?

Mark

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/1/19 12:43 p.m.

I have one of these that's been sitting in my shed for years:

https://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Alpha-Mercury-Single-Speed-Bicycle/2677837/product.html

And a case of beer. 

Any interest? I'll try to get the Segway running and cruise the paddock with GRM stickers. 

Woody
7/1/19 12:52 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

The giant hill on which I live doesn’t really lend itself to single speed riding. Which is unfortunate, as I already have something else that will be heading in your general direction. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/1/19 1:11 p.m.

I have an old Cannondale mtn bike frame, but I don't really want/need a Segway... 

Woody - you're still in CT?  Maybe we can work something out as I travel between PA and NH.

Woody
7/1/19 8:25 p.m.

Following a quick inventory, I have decided that I need to remove bikes as a trade option. There are three people living here, and I counted ten bicycles and two Catrikes.

I am running out of hooks. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/1/19 8:42 p.m.

What are the battery specs?

Woody
7/1/19 9:16 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

Lithium-ion Battery Specifications

Charging Time before first use:12 hours recharge from empty~8 hours

Temperature Ranges operating: 32° F – 122° F (0° – 50° C)charging:50° F – 122° F (10° – 50° C)storage and transport:-4° F – 122° F (-20° C – 50° C)

General capacity (Ah) and voltage:5.2 Ah, 73.6 volts

dimensions:14 x 7.5 x 3.2 in (35.7 x 19 x 8.2 cm)

battery weight (pair):22.7 lbs (10.3 kg)

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/1/19 10:08 p.m.
Woody said:

Following a quick inventory, I have decided that I need to remove bikes as a trade option. There are three people living here, and I counted ten bicycles and two Catrikes.

I am running out of hooks. 

Only ten?

Woody
7/5/19 5:14 p.m.

Bumpity.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/5/19 5:41 p.m.

It sounds like an interesting project to repurpose cmax modules for. They are similar Ah, small,  and use terminals so configuring them to get the right volts would be simple. I don't know how picky the BMS is and whether it works per cell or just general over and under charge limits but the chemistry is the same and capacity is similar so it should be fine. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/19 6:02 p.m.

Hummmm. Ok I am interested. I have no need for this but I am readable confident with my soldeying skills. 

Woody
7/5/19 8:11 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Hummmm. Ok I am interested. I have no need for this but I am readable confident with my soldeying skills. 

And you are within driving distance!

Woody
7/6/19 7:56 a.m.
MrJoshua said:

It sounds like an interesting project to repurpose cmax modules for. They are similar Ah, small,  and use terminals so configuring them to get the right volts would be simple. I don't know how picky the BMS is and whether it works per cell or just general over and under charge limits but the chemistry is the same and capacity is similar so it should be fine. 

Uh..........yeah, sure, okay.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/6/19 9:19 a.m.

I have some Iron Cross Datsun rims, 2 240Z used fin drums and 16 proper used lug nuts and one skateboard. 

But your too far away.  

Woody
7/10/19 9:33 a.m.

Please take this out of my garage.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/10/19 10:15 a.m.

Where in CT are you. I'm staying the night in the Hartford/Rocky Hill area and may well be interested. 

I'll have to dig around and find a trade worthy item though. 

Woody
7/10/19 10:23 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

I am about 30 minutes from Rocky Hill.

Toyman01
7/10/19 11:23 a.m.

Let me see what I can dig up at the house that you might be interested in. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
7/10/19 11:43 a.m.

How about a VERY powerful Rotel 5.1 home theater reciever?  RSX 972 iirc

Woody
7/10/19 2:35 p.m.
DrBoost said:

How about a VERY powerful Rotel 5.1 home theater reciever?  RSX 972 iirc

I'm not even sure what that is.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
7/10/19 3:39 p.m.

It’s a stereo soo loud it’ll blow women’s clothes off. 

Who knows the reference?

Toyman01
7/10/19 6:08 p.m.

How about a Harbor Freight Mini-Mill that's been sitting for 5 years. All my tooling is being used on my big mill but I have a R8 drill chuck I can throw in. I also have the belt drive conversion for it that I never installed. 

The picture isn't mine, but it's in pretty good condition. I needs a good cleaning to get the swarf out of all the cracks and crevices. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hT2tVKcTffisl1doPl0zXkJNszr6ykb2SeymrnXlurCLpcHvt7Bzw0UrZ4L4akxC