Travis_K
Travis_K New Reader
5/22/08 8:58 a.m.

Dont people with minis want the engines from these? It also has really nice bumpers on it, and all the glass is good. The rest is not that great though. If you go get it this weekend the engine would be about $80. :)

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
5/22/08 11:46 a.m.

The block in my mini came from an AA. AA (and post-Cooper S) blocks are better for bigger ( >.060" )overboring and stroking than the early Cooper S 1275s.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/22/08 5:45 p.m.

On a related note, there's a 1275 Midget in the Daytona you-pull-it. The engine was still there.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
5/22/08 10:02 p.m.

Re: 1275 Midget engine The blocks are not directly swappable. Some holes are different, but with a drill and some taps, they'll fit. The cranks, however are inline or transverse specific.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/22/08 11:47 p.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: Re: 1275 Midget engine The blocks are not directly swappable. Some holes are different, but with a drill and some taps, they'll fit. The cranks, however are inline or transverse specific.

Good point. This one still had the spin-oil filter adaptor. I have one for my Mini, but it's still sitting in the garage.

Dwight Varnes
Dwight Varnes SuperDork
5/23/08 5:42 a.m.

Travis, may help to know where that engine is. :idea: They absolutely are valuable to Mini owners. If it's not damaged it's worth several hundred bucks. Most AA's had automatics, which doesn't make them quite as valuable because you need to do some machining to make them fit a stickshift Mini. Very few people mess with AA's so the rest of it doesn't have much worth, though the few AA owners out there may be hot for those bumpers.

Travis_K
Travis_K New Reader
5/23/08 7:04 a.m.

This one is a manual. Its at the pick and pull in rocklin ca. It doesnt appear to have run for some time, but I didnt see any extra crankcase inspection holes in the block or anything like that, so it may still be fine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
in0jLUQBzrczApKUlUICKRUUvoTs7ar0n8PzSSyroS6LB4eb31LhztuzgZphC8Px