David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/28/11 10:55 a.m.
feature_image

The Legacy GTk is a really neat car: turbocharged engine, big brakes, giant wheels. However, it wasn't built with any eye toward the rule book, and during our first autocross outing with the beast we were placed in the Martin Sports Car Club's Street Mod Street Tire 4WD class.

As the class name suggests, this is basically a catchall class …

Read the rest of the story

pktzygt
pktzygt None
6/29/11 8:54 a.m.

Subaru has sold out to the mainstream SUV driving crowd and abandoned those of us who really enjoyed driving fun cars that aren't tall fat and heavy for no reason.

I have a Jeep for wheeling, a van for the wife and when it came time to replace the WRX, I had to look elsewhere. Now I have a CRX HF for commuting and a Porsche for going fast. There is no room for a Subaru anymore. I miss the old Subaru though.

soulshinobi
soulshinobi New Reader
6/29/11 9:17 a.m.

I like the white lip.

Subarus were never very sharp handling cars (though admittedly sharp-er in the '90s), just very capable, and that hasn't changed. They're not moving away from a sporting heritage (if anything they're moving away from a quirky one if you recall before the '90s). The WRC was a public testing ground, and Subaru still campaigns cars in less costly competitions now. They're still Subarus, and still everything they're meant to be.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Otk7TwsZXNoEN5XVjrRyC46uVWuS81KRdvN0py0T96dC12OXGnKbX8IKGifroNmD