1 2
CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/29/21 3:24 p.m.
aw614 said:
ojannen said:

I didn't go to this month's event.  Here are some videos of the event if you want to compare to your runs.  I believe the mustang was in your class.

Hey that's my 3rd run from the event! I struggled a lot with gearing at yesterday's event and had an idea how to go faster, but couldn't execute a faster run on my 4th and 5th runs. 58mph second gear sucks lol

I remember seeing the S4, I think we were in the same run group. I don't know if I'll be able to go to the event in May, but if so and you aren't working the course or parked near me, feel free to ask for a ride along. How many events have you done? It really took me a few years before I got comfortable and didn't go straight into 200tw tires until maybe 3 years into autocrossing. I went from what came on the car (crap all seasons) -> Max/Ultra perf summer tires -> 200 tw stuff. 

Also take videos of your runs and watch them and ask others for suggestions on where to improve. 

What car are you driving? 

aw614
aw614 Reader
3/29/21 3:38 p.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

Acura Integra

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
3/29/21 4:14 p.m.

Wow, didn’t realize there were so many GCAC attendees on this board.  Might try a little harder to make the May event!

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/29/21 5:32 p.m.
aw614 said:

In reply to CAinCA :

Acura Integra

It sounds great. Looks like it hauls ass too. 

Maybe it's one of those slow car fast things though?

FMB42
FMB42 Reader
3/29/21 6:36 p.m.

'A bad carpenter blames his tools' True statement that. I recommend that you get more track time in before you fault your equipment. I've seen more than few racers that spent more time modifying their machines than they did learning how to manage what their machine was capable of in prior setups.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS New Reader
3/29/21 7:29 p.m.
aw614 said:
ojannen said:

I didn't go to this month's event.  Here are some videos of the event if you want to compare to your runs.  I believe the mustang was in your class.

Hey that's my 3rd run from the event! I struggled a lot with gearing at yesterday's event and had an idea how to go faster, but couldn't execute a faster run on my 4th and 5th runs. 58mph second gear sucks lol

I remember seeing the S4, I think we were in the same run group. I don't know if I'll be able to go to the event in May, but if so and you aren't working the course or parked near me, feel free to ask for a ride along. How many events have you done? It really took me a few years before I got comfortable and didn't go straight into 200tw tires until maybe 3 years into autocrossing. I went from what came on the car (crap all seasons) -> Max/Ultra perf summer tires -> 200 tw stuff. 

Also take videos of your runs and watch them and ask others for suggestions on where to improve. 

thanks for the offer, sadly I won't be back at a GCAC event in 2021.  I am actually from Chicago and I was just down here for the winter.  I'm hoping to be back over next winter and will certainly post here prior to the event asking for advice/suggestions.  

ojannen
ojannen Reader
3/29/21 7:37 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

We just like driving 3-4 hours for locals.  Also, it is the only good site left that is open every month.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
3/29/21 7:59 p.m.

Regarding tires, you've got decent UHP all-seasons. The best data available (Tire Rack) for comparison across categories indicates 200TW would be roughly 2.5 sec/min faster than (your) UHP A/S, and around 5 sec/min faster than crap (for performance) all-seasons.

If the top PAX driver, who coincidentally also drives a BS car, had driven your car... 2:1 says he beats the Boxster and ATS-V, and even money says he's even in contention for a class trophy against the Mustang and M3. 

Your deficit is 80% driver and 20% car. You'll gain far more by tightening the nut behind the wheel than you will changing tires.

Also, Chicago has a good autoxing group... And if you're willing to drive a bit further, check out Milwaukee and Champaign.

aw614
aw614 Reader
3/29/21 8:35 p.m.
ojannen said:

In reply to racerfink :

We just like driving 3-4 hours for locals.  Also, it is the only good site left that is open every month.

So many sites in Florida have been lost for autocross the last few years :( 

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS New Reader
3/30/21 7:51 a.m.
Driven5 said:

Also, Chicago has a good autoxing group... And if you're willing to drive a bit further, check out Milwaukee and Champaign.

Chicago does has lots of great autocross clubs.  I have done events in the Windy City Miata club who runs in Schaumburg at boomer stadium.  I also ran a few events with the SCCA-Chicago region that runs at Joliet motor speedway.  

FMB42
FMB42 Reader
3/30/21 11:07 a.m.

Imo, anyone who races does not suck. Not racing is what sucks.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS New Reader
3/30/21 1:26 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GOGuf2Hy8BTfE3Ax3dWwpMWR2ht70m2kiKmC2sGMsm9SbXzUmWnFI9I5lrdw96bt