Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/22 1:06 p.m.
Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/9/22 1:13 p.m.

I am kind of dumb, but cant figure out how to add a site on my phone. Homestead speedway would be the place if anyone wants to add it. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/9/22 1:14 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Why, yes, it is!  Awesome.  Aberdeen, MD, for the record.

Thanks for linking.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/9/22 2:39 p.m.

I would hope mine is on there and it is. They only host the biggest Autox event annually there. :) 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/10/22 9:39 a.m.

Thanks for sharing, and it's actually missing at least of our local sites. Makes you realize how some areas of the country don't have any sites, however. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/22 11:33 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Thanks for sharing, and it's actually missing at least of our local sites. Makes you realize how some areas of the country don't have any sites, however. 

Its a pretty stark explanation why The Challenge isn't more popular outside of some areas of the country.

Also where GRM could go if they wanted to expand the number of competitors they can draw on.

therieldeal
therieldeal Reader
1/10/22 12:28 p.m.

Added a few locations that my local non-SCCA autocross club uses. https://www.cartct.com/

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/22 1:02 p.m.

Naturally, I live in the autocross desert on the east coast. One crappy little site at Darlington Speedway and the occasional use of the Black Lake. 

I did add the Black Lake at Michelin Proving Grounds. 

aw614
aw614 Reader
1/10/22 2:22 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

We've lost so many sites within the last 5 years all throughout the state of Florida, but especially on the west coast :( 

BTW, nice talking to you at the last CFR event. I was in the white GTI on BBSs in the same run group as you. 

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
1/10/22 3:33 p.m.

Our little postage stamp is already pinned - and clicking opens an satellite shot of an autocross event in progress.

How did you do that?

djsilver (Forum Supporter)
djsilver (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/11/22 12:21 a.m.

Added our local Savannah site.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/11/22 8:50 a.m.

Spence Field and South GA Motorsports Park are missing. There's other venues in GA, but those are the ones that I've been to. I also don't know how to add them on my phone. 

fusion66
fusion66 Reader
1/11/22 9:10 a.m.

Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne is already listed. Added nearby Purdue Fort Wayne site.

When viewed together it really shows what a postage stamp sized lot PFW is surprise

Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
1/11/22 11:25 a.m.

I added the sites we use around Kansas City.  I didn't realize I put them on a new layer, can anybody fix that?

bluebarchetta
bluebarchetta Reader
1/11/22 1:54 p.m.

Columbus, OH is the 14th most populous city in the USA and we have only one site (Fortress Obetz).  We have lost Ohio State West Campus lots, Ohio Historical Society lots, Columbus Motor Speedway, and Circleville Raceway Park as autocross venues in the past decade.

Really hoping someone pops up and says "ACKCHYUALLY" and posts some secret Central Ohio sites I haven't heard of.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/11/22 3:25 p.m.

I added the two that Central New York uses, the Onondaga County Airport EVOC site and Adirondack International Speedway, and someone has already put in Seneca Army Depot where the Finger Lakes Region runs.

Asphalt_Gundam
Asphalt_Gundam Reader
1/11/22 3:53 p.m.

Added 5 in Minnesota...pretty sure there's a couple more

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
1/11/22 4:58 p.m.

Added 4 in OK, AR, and MO area. I keep checking it to see if there's anything near by that I've been missing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BzLeSEMYxxMRsFnilJXbZcGCwIFFEEnBwfr4MqTJd5oBwMSZzgLM5OknMg8ssKSB