1 2
jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo Reader
8/21/14 3:27 a.m.
4Msfam wrote: Trying to figure out your camber curve on extension? Looks like it gets massively negative on extension (first and second pic), but zero to positive on compression?

in other words, wrong for direction change of any kind?

-J0N

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
8/21/14 11:01 a.m.

Nice pics, and congrats on rising to the challenge of running a car most people wouldn't try.

Our local group, back in the day, included a pair of hot AMXs and the owners brought them out to the local slalom at the university car club. Just for fun I entered my bog stock MGA daily driver, which at that point didn't even have a sway bar, and beat them every time. They made much more impressive noises and long black marks, though......

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
8/21/14 11:10 a.m.

I've got to get my a$$ out there...

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/14 7:23 p.m.
4Msfam wrote: Trying to figure out your camber curve on extension? Looks like it gets massively negative on extension (first and second pic), but zero to positive on compression? Regardless, looks like a ball! Where's the go pro video? :)

It's basically the same setup as an early Mustang, but with a slightly better curve (think Shelby mod already done). Not great by any stretch of the imagination, don't get me wrong...

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/14 7:23 p.m.
wspohn wrote: They made much more impressive noises and long black marks, though......

That one sentence defines my car perfectly.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/21/14 10:24 p.m.

Javelin: You, sir, are my hero!

But damn if I haven't been back since March and haven't had the Impala out once... :(

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
8/22/14 12:49 a.m.
Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
8/22/14 7:33 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
4Msfam wrote: Trying to figure out your camber curve on extension? Looks like it gets massively negative on extension (first and second pic), but zero to positive on compression? Regardless, looks like a ball! Where's the go pro video? :)
It's basically the same setup as an early Mustang, but with a slightly better curve (think Shelby mod already done). Not great by any stretch of the imagination, don't get me wrong...

That seems like a pretty common camber curve for cars of that era. The Volvo 1800 is even worse.

Jcamper
Jcamper New Reader
8/22/14 8:09 a.m.

Looks like fun!

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
8/23/14 12:27 a.m.

Anyone know how to upgrade a 81 amc spirit to really handel well. I would love to auto cross it next after replacing the rear leaf springs, unless you know a better way to fix it?

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
8/23/14 10:22 a.m.
ckosacranoid wrote: Anyone know how to upgrade a 81 amc spirit to really handel well. I would love to auto cross it next after replacing the rear leaf springs, unless you know a better way to fix it?

see link on gymkhana packs above--contact Larry at AMX Enterprises. The underpinnings of the 70 AMX and the Spirit are similar.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zhjF6jLn5BAHEgFQnB9hx4CD5RoSU4qplDxFjNZM2OYJwpeateSL2UZUMlWBpVnU