5/24/16 12:23 p.m.

Dad sent me a video link to this.

http://www.autolift3000.com/en/produkty/autolift-3000/

I was like, "Great success!! I lift car! Very nice!"

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/24/16 12:46 p.m.

In reply to Harvey:

The vid for it has popped up on Facebook several times the last few days. I'm intrigued by it, but concerned about the engineering. For example, the pin in the tube to hold the car up at rest - I'm no engineer, but that appears to be pretty thin-walled tubing, and I imagine with use it will become ovaled-out...at what point would it then fail and split the tube? I don't want to be the one to find that out!

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/16 1:05 p.m.

It works like a huge screw jack and the pin keeps you from running the winder one way or another. The pin isn't there to hold the car up.

The tilt part can likely be resolved by using jack stands.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/16 1:05 p.m.

When the thing goes tip one side and tip the other I was like, what keeps someone from accidentally tipping that thing on top of me?

Now I'm back to using jack stands. If engrish was a bit better might trust more.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
5/24/16 3:38 p.m.

My wife just sent me this video and asked if I would consider this over a full size lift. My answer was only as a temporary option. I was curious if we had talked about it on here.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/16 3:54 p.m.

Seems to definitely be trending on FB. They must have paid some money to somebody.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/16 3:58 p.m.
Harvey wrote: When the thing goes tip one side and tip the other I was like, what keeps someone from accidentally tipping that thing on top of me? Now I'm back to using jack stands. If engrish was a bit better might trust more.

Add holes for locking pins on either side of the pivoting arms and lock it to one side or another.

One should still use jack stands in either event.

My concern (and one that someone else brought up on one of the Facebook posts I saw) is simply: how do you adjust the width to match the vehicle you're working on?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/21/18 4:47 a.m.

Zombie thread, canoe deleted

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/21/18 12:08 p.m.

AUTOlift 3000?  Wasn't he that guy from Outkast?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/21/18 12:54 p.m.

After seeing this today I reached out to them.  This is indeed a genuine company.   They are from the Czech Republic, so the English on their site isn't perfect, but I'm willing to look past that if the product is decent.  We'll see, they may send us one for evaluation, and we'll be sure to let you guys know what we think.  

Dave M
Dave M New Reader
9/21/18 1:10 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

After seeing this today I reached out to them.  This is indeed a genuine company.   They are from the Czech Republic, so the English on their site isn't perfect, but I'm willing to look past that if the product is decent.  We'll see, they may send us one for evaluation, and we'll be sure to let you guys know what we think.  

This is why we love GRM, even us noobies. 

"Sketchy Czech tilting death car lift? Sure, send us one!"

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/18 1:46 p.m.
Duke said:

NFL AUTOBLITZ 3000!!!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/18 1:49 p.m.
The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
9/21/18 1:57 p.m.

They were selling these things on Massdrop a few months ago.

My opinion was that a QuickJack or MaxJax is comparable in price and would offer more utility while still allowing the lift to be stored out of the way. I'd be interested in hearing what GRM has to say though.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/21/18 2:06 p.m.

That doesn't seem any more convenient then a floor jack and jack stands.

Joe Gearin
9/21/18 3:05 p.m.

I find it interesting, as I really need a home lift, but I lack the funds to build a home shop like the one Tom just completed.   My cement is pretty thin, and my carport isn't level, so a two-post is out of the question without a serious construction project. ( and serious bills) 

I've been looking at 4-post lifts, but the systems they use to get all four wheels off don't look ideal.  This Czech lift, would be handy for wheel tire removal, and suspension work, but it also takes up space under the car.   The BendPak QuickJack may be the answer for a guy like me---- but it makes sense to check out all the options, and let you guys know what we think.  Tom did a great job with the lift story in GRM recently, which got my wheels turning.....  Stay tuned....

Cooter
Cooter Dork
9/21/18 3:46 p.m.
Robbie said:
Duke said:

NFL AUTOBLITZ 3000!!!

Greyhound don't float on water. 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
9/21/18 4:12 p.m.

I actually like some of these products... thanks for sharing!

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
9/21/18 4:28 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

I find it interesting, as I really need a home lift, but I lack the funds to build a home shop like the one Tom just completed.   My cement is pretty thin, and my carport isn't level, so a two-post is out of the question without a serious construction project. ( and serious bills) 

I've been looking at 4-post lifts, but the systems they use to get all four wheels off don't look ideal.  This Czech lift, would be handy for wheel tire removal, and suspension work, but it also takes up space under the car.   The BendPak QuickJack may be the answer for a guy like me---- but it makes sense to check out all the options, and let you guys know what we think.  Tom did a great job with the lift story in GRM recently, which got my wheels turning.....  Stay tuned....

Cutting into the slab and pouring "footings" for something like a MaxJax isn't an option? Yea it's a bit ugly but, quite frankly, it's a garage. Crap gets on the slab as a result of doing actual work.

I've been going through the same process of selecting something that isn't jack stands, but unfortunately some very recent major medical expenses ate both my lift and engine fund.

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
9/21/18 5:10 p.m.

Looks interesting, and lots of utility to it.   But not at that price.   

-Hans

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/21/18 9:13 p.m.
The0retical said:
Joe Gearin said:

Cutting into the slab and pouring "footings" for something like a MaxJax isn't an option? Yea it's a bit ugly but, quite frankly, it's a garage. Crap gets on the slab as a result of doing actual work.

I've been going through the same process of selecting something that isn't jack stands, but unfortunately some very recent major medical expenses ate both my lift and engine fund.

I’d go that direction. If I hadn’t found I had enough concrete I would have for my Maxjax. I am very happy with the M6

That said I’m looking forward to the GRM review of the CzechJack.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/22/18 8:20 p.m.

"Accassible to different parts of vehicle"

What could go wrong? (Sorry)

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
9/22/18 11:05 p.m.

About a decade ago those mini tilting lifts were available in the UK for under 200 USD. I found them on Alibaba for 99 each if you bought 25 of them and considered trying to resell them.

Looks like they have gone up in price since Then

A few months ago they popped on Craigslist for 900 and I thought "damn, what a markup!"  1500 is obscene

Joe Gearin
10/8/18 9:42 a.m.

In reply to The0retical :

Alas, not only is my cement not deep enough, it isn't level either.   I'd have to totally re-model in order to make it work. 

On a more positive note.......I've heard back from the AutoLift 3000 folks, and they are sending a unit for evaluation.   Stay tuned kids!  

AutoLift 3000

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/8/18 11:57 a.m.

Have you ever looked at the EZ Car Lift?  Looks like same general concept but a complete lift with better clear floor space.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dc6hkLV4Fc1TyEfc3B5ossDk5eokc5ET49TrcoJlZ9ZMEySYy5sqoxCcqC9h8KuY