noodle
noodle GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/14/19 3:08 p.m.

Thought I'd replace the headlight assemblies on "SHonda" the 2002 Civic.  Ordered up a pair from Rockauto.  Bumper cover is off.  Old assemblies are out and the damn turn signal socket and parking light sockets are different.  I could probably trim the turn signal down a little, but  the parking lights would require drilling a larger diameter hole and adding 2 bayonet notches.  Sorry if this sounds like a rant.  Looking for other ideas.

einy
einy HalfDork
2/14/19 8:14 p.m.

I say don’t complain to RA, but instead complain to the (likely Chinese no name company) manufacturer.   

TGMF
TGMF Reader
2/15/19 5:42 a.m.

Dis you buy certified aftermarket, or just the cheapest lights you could find?  The capa certified lights are usually pretty good in my experience. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
2/15/19 7:06 a.m.

You can look up lights pretty quick by Sylvania's web site.  Its accurate too.  Then you can match the style up to a name brand you can source locally or via Amazon, or roll the dice on some Chinesium LEDs.

Was Rock Auto significantly cheaper after shipping than Amazon Prime?

/threadjack I see no reason to shop at Rock Auto ever - my time is worth something.  

freetors
freetors Reader
2/15/19 12:02 p.m.

This is why I wish rockauto had a way for customers to review the parts they sell. Give the consumer the power to say "this part is crap" and warn people.

Our Preferred Partners
SB5DVRS9vZdyMGpaHxgswLbBwjQDGZMNOGsljjzf9WSF2045zfwomaTPfeldB6ZM