1 2
John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/25/17 1:32 p.m.

Here in the middle of Ohio there is a Sports Car Club that seems they would rather remain anonymous. Their events are litterally at the end of a dead end road in a dead end neighborhood and the whole event is hidden behind a large building. They are typically 45 second runs and maybe there will be 8 of them or a double looper of maybe six 80 second runs.

They usually have less than 30 cars. Last years first event had 28 drivers (the largest attendance of the year.)

If you are in the know...
This years first event of 6 is MONDAY, Memorial Day.
They also hold a Monday, Labor Day event.

Registration opens at 8:30
Driver's meeting at 9:45
First car off at 10:00
$25

These are "two heat" events so you are either working or running. Otherwise, little downtime but they do take a break for lunch. It is usually best to pack that lunch because they are near very little.

simonzayne
simonzayne New Reader
5/25/17 1:46 p.m.

If I were a gambling man, I'd say I would see you there, but my Miata will not be ready. I've been wanting to hit up an event there for awhile now, I guess I don't have the pioneer spirit.

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
5/25/17 1:54 p.m.

I am not in the know. Can I be in the know?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/25/17 2:04 p.m.

I'm leery, my cracked head showed up there last year. Really though, spending the day with the kids because they're going to Florida for a week.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/25/17 2:07 p.m.
JAhmed wrote: I am not in the know. Can I be in the know?

I don't know.

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
5/25/17 2:16 p.m.
John Welsh wrote:
JAhmed wrote: I am not in the know. Can I be in the know?
I don't know.

But I thought you were in the know? Who knows?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/17 3:18 p.m.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/17 3:22 p.m.

Here is the link to the event. OH Race

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
5/25/17 3:35 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Here is the link to the event. OH Race

This would've been better as some sorta GIF

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/17 4:43 p.m.

I'm not in the know but me and my Volvo want to be in the know, you know?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/25/17 4:51 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

Try googling this phrase: Here in the middle of Ohio there is a Sports Car Club

Other than the GRM hit that will come up, the right one should too.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/25/17 6:09 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

If you do make it out, I'll be in the Ivory Pearl colored Q45.

I know it seems unlikely that there will be more than one Q45 in attendance but I once went to a autox and there were two other Q45s. One in a gaudy purple and the other in bed liner black.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
5/25/17 7:29 p.m.

Thanks for the plug John.... Just look up Mid Ohio Sports Car Club or MOSCC on google sites. We are not trying to remain anonymous just no one smart enough to use social media. Hope to see you on Monday and say a prayer for no rain.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/25/17 7:51 p.m.

In reply to Mark57:

Careful what you ask for. Toledo cuts off pre registration at 250 drivers and gets it. Akron has no site at all, etc.

Maybe it is really me who likes the anonymity. Nine hour days in Toledo to get 3 runs is what got me out of autox in the past. I really like the thing you have going on at the end of the dead end road.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
5/25/17 8:35 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh : Never thought of that... are you aware that Akron is running events @ Dragway 42 in West Salem ?

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
5/25/17 8:45 p.m.

Not to hijack, but in addition to this awesome looking almost secret event and the Akron events the PCA regions also have events in the area. NOR PCA is at one of the closed malls in Akron and EBR PCA is at a Kent satellite campus in the Youngstown area. Sorry I don't have better info on the names of these places as I just know how to get there but its on their websites/facebooks.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/25/17 9:08 p.m.

I was not aware of Dragway 42 events. Looking at the past two results seems about 80-ish drivers. A bit pricey if you just show up and drive @ $10 per run.

Big runs of 80-90 seconds but still.

jere
jere HalfDork
5/25/17 10:06 p.m.
asoduk wrote: Not to hijack, but in addition to this awesome looking almost secret event and the Akron events the PCA regions also have events in the area. NOR PCA is at one of the closed malls in Akron and EBR PCA is at a Kent satellite campus in the Youngstown area. Sorry I don't have better info on the names of these places as I just know how to get there but its on their websites/facebooks.

Oh wow super aggravating to access their website or Facebook. Closed mall in Akron sounds like rolling acres, but chapel hill is going under/bankrupt too...?

I have been thinking about showing up in a 4xx,xxx+ mile taxi and seeing what it's all about.... if ever I can find such a local event one day...

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/25/17 10:10 p.m.
John Welsh wrote: I was not aware of Dragway 42 events. Looking at the past two results seems about 80-ish drivers. A bit pricey if you just show up and drive @ $10 per run. Big runs of 80-90 seconds but still.

Dude i thought texted you the dragway 42 schedule!

I like the moscc crowd from running last year and hope to take the $2017 car down to shelby for a shakedown prior to October. Everyone was cool to me last year at my first event with the group, unfortunately my cylinder heads showed their weakness and the car was down till the challenge.

I do plan to run the wrx this year some but am more interested in getting my builds done and the datsun into the 10's

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
5/26/17 8:01 a.m.

256 miles away, outside my range for autocross. Youse guys have fun though!

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
5/26/17 10:29 a.m.

"If your exhaust is loud, keep it on idle and sneak in and out of town."

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
5/26/17 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Jerry: Yes please, it's hard enough to find a place to autocross so we try not to aggravate the locals !

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
5/26/17 3:49 p.m.

Mid-Ohio is a fun group. Don't forget the Norwalk Super Summit is coming up on June 9th. Autocross and drag racing. Went the last two years and won a $50 Summit gift card the first year, won $100 last year and my wife won $25.

and it was all free!

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/26/17 3:58 p.m.

In reply to Rusnak_322:

Thanks for the reminder on Super Summit. Again, I'll see you there!

As typical since I am so close by, I'll play hooky on Friday and be there when they open in the afternoon.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/17 7:36 p.m.

I'm out. Volvo igniton key got left in my work pants and now Cintas has it. I'm stuck driving an RX-7 all weekend. (Woe is me)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bd0ZsQ8NrgCWhpCjD50S2QA24lLI0CAnoKYW1U7cZARUhGDllD8sLMNH4lJX2b6S