1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/10/22 1:57 p.m.
vanroth said:
Appleseed said:

Dibs on the AZ-1 when it comes time to sell it. I know you'll be in Japan, and it'll need to be shipped, But I trust you far more than a faceless website in a language I don't read. Seriously.

Lol. What part of the US are you in?

Chicago. Which is very, very far from your typical Japanese import port.

Clay
Clay HalfDork
5/10/22 8:23 p.m.

Clay
Clay HalfDork
5/10/22 8:24 p.m.

Clay
Clay HalfDork
5/10/22 8:25 p.m.

Still figuring out posting pics from mobile. 

The Type R's are my coworker's cars. 

vanroth
vanroth New Reader
5/10/22 11:21 p.m.
fatallightning said:

How tall are you? Az1 can be challenging for a typical North American sized man. The Cappucino feels quite a bit larger inside, and most people also usually comment it drives better than the AZ1 it shares a motor with. 

Early EVOs are still fairly cheapish, as well as early GC WRXs. St205 Celicas are probably still priced similary to an AZ1, same with SW20 MR2s. Other interesting cars that haven't had obnoxious appreciation, Mitsu FTO and GTO, Pulsar GTiR, Starlet GT.  Are you looking to keep it Kei?

Not tall enough to worry about it :)

Not specifically focused on a Kei, but will likely get a R32 so trying to balance things out. Preferably stuff I can't easily get in the US. I have a Celica GTFour on the potential list as well as a Capp and Honda S600. Already have a 3000GT VR-4 and don't need a third Mitsu (yet). WRX will be on hold as I still have a 2.5rs to 22b project in mind, but not yet acted upon. I could possibly be tempted by an AW11, but again something I can get in the US.

I did find a very nice looking Capp that may sway my mind... But it would also prevent me from getting another Miata.

My wife has a strict 1 car in 1 car out policy (at least in the US) -- however I will continue to argue a Kei is only half a car :)

Keep the ideas coming.

vanroth
vanroth New Reader
5/10/22 11:28 p.m.

In reply to Clay :

If only the S660 wasn't so new! Very sharp looking!

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
5/11/22 12:01 a.m.

Nothing substantial to add other than to say this imported one is local to me, seen at Radwood Austin.

The owner said the turbo broke and it really sucks without it. Also there's a bit of a wait for parts from Japan.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/22 1:00 a.m.

In reply to vanroth :

That is so cool.  I so want one!!!  

Clay
Clay HalfDork
5/11/22 1:49 a.m.

Well, Thanks to this vanroth and this thread, now I'm looking at AZ-1s. I found that of the 25 or so on goo.net, 3 are at a dealer nearby that I actually drove near on Saturday. I'm thinking it may be worth a drive to sit in one and see if I fit. With the very favorable $/Yen rate they start at $16k or so...

I too love the S660 looks. Too new to import back to the US, but at $10k might be fun to drive while I'm here at least.

vanroth
vanroth New Reader
5/11/22 3:03 a.m.
Clay said:

Well, Thanks to this vanroth and this thread, now I'm looking at AZ-1s. I found that of the 25 or so on goo.net, 3 are at a dealer nearby that I actually drove near on Saturday. I'm thinking it may be worth a drive to sit in one and see if I fit. With the very favorable $/Yen rate they start at $16k or so...

I too love the S660 looks. Too new to import back to the US, but at $10k might be fun to drive while I'm here at least.

Join the club! Let me know which way you go. I'm looking at one of the Mazdaspeeds, but it isn't close enough to stop by on whim.

vanroth
vanroth New Reader
5/11/22 7:40 a.m.

vanroth
vanroth New Reader
5/11/22 7:45 a.m.

Just your average keijidosha (x3). This monster is around the corner from my house. Its seen better days, but I've seen it out and about menacing the streets. More interesting photos to come this weekend.

vanroth
vanroth New Reader
5/12/22 11:17 p.m.

Got a quote back for a GTI-R -- $28k!!! Not including shaken and prep fees.

Prices are definitely going up.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LZiroIyf3O0IEvqMGXt8ahg3pQDtmbpfhJIbouo17NqWL8psHi5z0ls193wJpLYg