Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
12/19/08 7:05 p.m.
feature_image

While we had the rear of the LeGrand apart for some welding work, we sent the axles off to Raxles.com for complete rebuilds. The outer CV joints were making some noise, and the left axle had quite a bit of play. Waiting any longer to fix them could make for catastrophic results.

It turns out that our car has an …

Read the rest of the story

Gonzo_Bmod
Gonzo_Bmod Reader
12/21/08 2:34 p.m.

Nice looking work Per. Did you get the lower control arm mounts re-welded? I've heard of a couple that had issues with the front mount of the lower trailing arms so you may want to check em out while it's all apart.

If you get a chance post some pics up of the magnesium wheels once they're all done. That way I can feel bad about selling them! I decided to go with a set of Minilite C-8's.

Gonzo_Bmod
Gonzo_Bmod Reader
12/21/08 4:37 p.m.

Panasports, not Minilites. Doh!

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
12/22/08 1:21 p.m.

The front mounts all looked ok..it was just both back mounts for the rear LCAs. I'll be posting pictures of that repair next week.

I'll take a pic of the magnesium LeGrand wheels when I get a chance. Those will most likely wind up being my rains. I bit the bullet and got a set of Keizer magnesium-centered wheels like Tommy Saunders has...13x8 and 13x10. I'm working on getting a pair of 22" rear slicks to mount on those rears and some fronts as well.

That said...Panasport C8s are darn pretty. Send pics when you can!

dutch911
dutch911
12/25/08 8:28 a.m.

$6000 seems like a bargain for the racer you're getting. Pardon my ignorance but what kind of field can you expect on race day? How many races per year in the southeast will you find for this car?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
12/25/08 11:29 a.m.

D Sports Racer is a pretty full field here in the Southeast, but I'll be competing primarily in autocross...in the BMod class there, it won't have a lot of competition...the goal will just to be FTD and finish reasonably on index.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u3VnBSg1CRiuyVcRLjq6ft3widuqw6S94o4IDnGtzqnofDBybYUXxW1zCj54CiAo