jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports New Reader
6/12/08 2:25 p.m.

Yes, this is kind of prompted by the other cost question up right now.

My brother and I are going to run the BABE rally next year. How much can we expect to spend between hotels, food, gas, etc. etc?

I know several people on here have gone and I'm just looking for some ballpark numbers.

92dxman
92dxman New Reader
6/12/08 2:56 p.m.

I did it this past year and split the cost with my co-driver. I paid for three of the nights hotel wise and for half of the gas. Final cost on my end was about $600 maybe. That included eating almost nothing but energy bars that I bought in bulk on clearance for a few bucks and the only food I paid for was a few bags of peanuts here and there and a few bottles of water and one night out in New Orleans.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
6/12/08 3:35 p.m.

I think the biggest factor is how "you chose to roll" to borrow a term from my students....

I will not live on powerbars and eat peanuts ... so my costs would be higher then 92dxman... Its like any other road trip, you'll pay for gas hotels and food. What do you eat? What do you drive? and how many people are sharing each room at night?

I can say it's worth every penny and only the advanced state of my wife's pregnancy kept me away this year.

Car prep and entrance cost are minimal and have have averaged my team about $750 both years I participated. Hotel nights are around $100 (Night zero and new Orleans being the most expensive), you can stay anywhere you want so cheaper alternatives exist ... I didn't really keep track of meal, alcohol, gas and tolls ... I'm sure some other teams did.

Jeff

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
6/12/08 3:54 p.m.

one thing to consider is next year's rally will be a day longer (6nights as opposed to 5), with an average cost of $100/night per team (unless you choose to bunk up with multiple teams).

I spent probably another $150-$200 on food (most of it being in New Orleans) and $100 on alcohol (2 12 packs of beer and some liquor and beer in NO)

Gas will vary dramatically, so you'll have to work that out based on the mileage of your car.

Finally, FYI to everyone, the price allowance for car purchase has been raised to $500, allowing for many more interesting beaters to be found and brought to the rally. Can't wait for next year.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports New Reader
6/13/08 5:09 a.m.
GregTivo wrote: one thing to consider is next year's rally will be a day longer (6nights as opposed to 5)

I looked on the website for the new route but didn't find it. Do you know where I could get it? I like to plan ahead.

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
6/13/08 8:21 a.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote:
GregTivo wrote: one thing to consider is next year's rally will be a day longer (6nights as opposed to 5)
I looked on the website for the new route but didn't find it. Do you know where I could get it? I like to plan ahead.

new route will be very similar, but probably a couple cities will be different (Harrisonburg, Va, Staten Island, NY and New Orleans, LA are not changing). Come hang out on the BABE forum for future updates...and welcome to the madness, :)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FoKGCBorVk2jKHMKIAMCnj5RQkUVnEOwgIlYkzszvW0LKFDkkisd1HAUaR7xDjbW