J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
11/22/22 4:49 p.m.
feature_image

Organizing motorsports events in eastern Kentucky just got easier, thanks in part to $1.4 million in grants that Backroads of Appalachia has recently received.

[Using motorsport tourism to boost an economy]

“Backroads of Appalachia helps supply the venue and coordinate with government and private entities to make motorsports events happen,” said Backroads of Appalachia Executive Director Erik Hubbard. “[The grants …

Read the rest of the story

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
11/22/22 6:32 p.m.

Drive faster - I hear banjos. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/22/22 9:56 p.m.

IDK if it's directly related, but there are several (stage) rallies (both tarmac and gravel) in Kentucky now - currently running under the NASA RallySport banner. 

vsquaredbyrho
vsquaredbyrho New Reader
11/23/22 1:55 p.m.

The mountain roads in that part of the country are stunning. I wish the best to this kind of effort. 

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
11/23/22 1:58 p.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:

IDK if it's directly related, but there are several (stage) rallies (both tarmac and gravel) in Kentucky now - currently running under the NASA RallySport banner. 

Yes, that's related.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/23/22 4:48 p.m.

In reply to vsquaredbyrho :

Appalachia roads are the best! Video game like.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/23/22 4:55 p.m.

Thread needs more country music. Have some Tyler Childers: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOIJecsnaWg

gutenberg918
gutenberg918 New Reader
11/24/22 12:16 p.m.

This was one of the best articles in Grassroots lately. It was completely different than anything else I've read here. It shows how innovative people can affect the economy of an area by thinking outside of the box by promoting the sport. Thanks for this reporting. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QI9XYUz25LHmUfTU38e89Zs5c76pHB9L9wKEJlmZDF3Wh32s5SvpYbRvUdhyEBiO