1 ... 6 7 8
tuna55
tuna55 Reader
8/28/09 8:14 p.m.

<--- Also read through the last 7 pages

And feels the need to back poopshovel again for those who did not read them.

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
8/28/09 9:29 p.m.

Yea sorry for getting off subject with the Auto X discussion.

I do like the information and opinions that are being discussed. We all need to get together at CMP and talk about it .

RE loosing the car.. The Chump series will have a way to buy your car back VS having it destroyed. I really think that the Curse will go to the dismantel the car type penalty vs crush it . As long as there is no team that is being an Ass out on the track. If you read the forums the past few events there have been no ONE hated team like there was with the Salzer (sp) team. So if you play nice and dont show up with a V8 almost tube chassis BMW you should be fine.

junkbuggie
junkbuggie New Reader
8/29/09 1:20 a.m.

First let me say I have never been to a 24hrs of LeMons . I don't understand this idea that these are good cars geting crushed. I can,t count the number of less than 500 buck cars I have put contless hours of B.S. and T. in just to run in demo derbies how wold this be any different from that? I asume that like a derbie it is just a bonus if you get to run the same car twice. Mabye I am way out of line here as I said I have never been to a event hopefuly some day I will get the chance.

RobL
RobL Reader
8/29/09 9:18 a.m.

Well, the event has changed a little over time. Time was when getting a second race out of a car was a bonus and the crushing merely ended your day a little sooner than some. The safety rules were more lax and you could get away with minimal investment in the car. There were rumors of people racing in t-shirts and flip flops with cages made out of muffler tubing.

Now, the investment is much higher. Safety, both personal and car, are much higher with racing suits and full cages. They flag all contact so cars are not getting beat up as they used to so the chassis is expected to last a few races.

Under no circumstances believe that these are "good" cars. They are junkers that were given just enough life to drive 16hours.

awebb
awebb New Reader
8/31/09 3:15 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
awebb wrote: <---Didn't read throught the last 7 pages My Opinion, it's my money/investment/car. It's mine to do with what I want. I'm not going to let a group of people decide what happens to my stuff. I don't blame those guys for leaving, I wouldn't have stuck around!!! I understand the point behind "if you can't afford to push it off a cliff, it doesn't belong out here" but there's not reason to crush (in some cases) a perfectly good chassis with decent parts bolted to it...
<---Did read through the last 7 pages Everyone else's opinion: If you don't like the rules, STFU and don't play the game.

So in comparison to everyone elses opinion, I shouldn't have replied to the thread because my opinion was wrong?

RobL
RobL Reader
8/31/09 4:23 p.m.
awebb wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
awebb wrote: <---Didn't read throught the last 7 pages
<---Did read through the last 7 pages Everyone else's opinion: If you don't like the rules, STFU and don't play the game.
So in comparison to everyone elses opinion, I shouldn't have replied to the thread because my opinion was wrong?

No, you shouldn't have replied because you didn't read through the posts to understand the situation. If you had read the last 7 pages, you might have a different opinion about these guys skipping out of the curse and the curse in general. You are admitting that you are basing your opinion on less than complete information.

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
9/8/09 1:43 p.m.

Tuna,

Did you ever get my email RE Piston sizes.. Im packing up the trailer this week. Do you want me to bring up the engine parts?

See All the East coast Lemons team in a few weeks at CMP.. I think we are ready..

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington Reader
9/8/09 6:00 p.m.

agree w/ Rob, poop, and tuna.

awebb wrote: <---Didn't read throught the last 7 pages My Opinion, it's my money/investment/car. It's mine to do with what I want. I'm not going to let a group of people decide what happens to my stuff. I don't blame those guys for leaving, I wouldn't have stuck around!!! I understand the point behind "if you can't afford to push it off a cliff, it doesn't belong out here" but there's not reason to crush (in some cases) a perfectly good chassis with decent parts bolted to it...

if you feel that way, go ahead and start your own race series. otherwise, play by the rules or don't play at all.

tuna55
tuna55 Reader
9/9/09 6:08 a.m.

BAM - did you get me E-mail back? Bring it all - My buddy will offer you something. I'll PM you too.

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
9/9/09 8:51 a.m.

Ok ill pack it up.. Getting the trailer loaded today.. Cherry picker. Spare Trans, diff, etc.. Ill add the Volvo stuff.

We will be in the pit area stall #5.. We are the Green BMW #30.. See you Fri.

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
9/15/09 6:54 a.m.
bam2002 wrote: Ok ill pack it up.. Getting the trailer loaded today.. Cherry picker. Spare Trans, diff, etc.. Ill add the Volvo stuff. We will be in the pit area stall #5.. We are the Green BMW #30.. See you Fri.

Super Troopers?

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
9/15/09 5:20 p.m.

Nope we are Euro trash the cars looked very close.. We were paited up like a german trash truck. We had an Amber light on the top vs Blue light bar.

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
9/15/09 6:54 p.m.

In reply to bam2002: I worked Tech on Friday - it was flat out from 1130- 1630...the only break I had was my student in the 914-8 with 400 rwhp in a well built car...great fun...

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
9/15/09 7:04 p.m.

Ah yea we failed due to having a metal seat with not enough head support, So we had to go to the heardware shop and get some steele. We got it done. Had a really good time We were in 5th place up to the last 2 hours then got slammed in the passenger door and lost a hour due to penalties. I saw that 914.. it looked like a handfull.

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
9/16/09 6:52 p.m.
bam2002 wrote: Ah yea we failed due to having a metal seat with not enough head support, So we had to go to the heardware shop and get some steele. We got it done. Had a really good time We were in 5th place up to the last 2 hours then got slammed in the passenger door and lost a hour due to penalties. I saw that 914.. it looked like a handfull.

you were not the only ones rejected for that...saw about 6 cars get that option...

Overall the rejection rate was very,very low for safety items..it was a pretty comprehensive check out..

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AV4phlVBUsn4T92ESTSYDbMH2CsO0VHCrrsZGqNPzNpaq78Z5KadmF6uGpyR0ZMg