Scott Lear
Scott Lear
11/10/14 3:15 p.m.

“Well, I always liked to drive fast.”

It doesn’t take more than a few words to realize that Paul Tillery Jr. possesses a true Southerner’s knack for spinning a yarn. A quick question about his burgundy BMW 2002 prompts a recollection of when he was 16 and got his first car. When a Carolina storyteller starts weaving a tale, it’s …

Read the rest of the story

nleksan
nleksan
8/15/15 9:12 p.m.

As the former owner of a 2002Tii that I bought as a shell, and rebuilt as a modernized track-able sports car while rescuing one of the finest driving machines of its time from a tragically rusty grave and giving it a new lease on life ;) by putting a fully built genuine S14 EVO III Race motor (about 296bhp@8800/212lb-ft@5450) made the 265R16's fight for traction, I thought I would not like this, but I was wrong. It's expertly done, props.

djsilver
djsilver Reader
8/15/15 9:25 p.m.

"I might as well take a hammer and smash my finger, then cut my hand with a shop knife and then go ahead and burn myself..,"

This is the best I've ever heard this sentiment expressed. I like working on cars and I think I'm pretty good at it, and I still feel this way sometime!

Deltabox
Deltabox New Reader
5/3/21 7:10 p.m.

Cool car, does it bother anyone else that the exhaust is just skimming the tarmac? 

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
10/21/21 9:28 a.m.

Im not far from Sneed's, so I wonder if he is also close by. I'd love to see this in person! Great combination of chassis and engine

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YfN7guf094ZhGjwgwnPfxFNM3R3juoZfTyYleDTvKLYzWG7TaeqJXKlVKYzW32K3