1 2 3 4
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/25/08 12:46 p.m.

This is what I DD around now. The AE92 is too costly and parts are too rare (at least locally) to drive on these pothole-ridden roads (which are sometimes unexpectedly nonexistant depending on construction and weather conditions), but I did it for a couple of years...I just went through suspension parts very quickly.

Even with the bigass mud tires the Samurai still gets around 34MPG, more than a late model American 4-door sedan! Plus now I don't need to turn back when I would need to climb a curb or wade through a pond or deep mud pit. Also it's as simple as a 4WD go kart so there isn't much to break or malfunction <--jinxes self.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
8/25/08 1:35 p.m.

A few shots of my somewhat beater-ish '95 Civic:

1995 Civic coupe

around the cones

Is my back wheel still on the ground?

In addition to having a few dents and dings, a temperamental A/C, and a $2,800 price tag, it's very much a daily driver. At least when the weather's not good enough to take the motorcycle.

mtn
mtn Dork
8/25/08 2:23 p.m.
fastEddie wrote: '99 Maxima GXE, 5-spd, fresh Tokico Blue struts and springs, 125K miles, and 29 mpg! Not pretty, and currently no A/C, but she gets the job done!

OMG, Its my car!

This was "my" first car. I somehow tricked dad into thinking that we needed it, a 98 GXE 5 speed. Dad paid for the car, I paid for the new wheels, pinstriping, washing, and did all the service on it myself. It must be noted that the only service needed was one oil change, dad totaled it 6 months after we bought it.

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
8/25/08 4:10 p.m.

1998 Subaru Impreza L 2.2L coupe 5MT. I bought it in February and use it as my daily driver and occasional autocross car. So far it has Cusco front and rear strut tower bars and 16x6.5" ATP five-spoke rims wrapped in 215/45/16 Falken Azenis RT-615s. I will be putting snow tires on the steelies. I was going to use the Impreza as the basis for a USDM 2.5L STi conversion, but my new job requires me to drive 60mi round trip Monday-Friday, so instead it will remain my daily driver. I am considering purchasing another car to be my summer daily/autocrosser and keep the Subie as a winter daily/rallycrosser, but money's been tight lately.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
8/25/08 4:31 p.m.

1982 olds delta 88, 200,000+ miles, speedo been broke for over a year. to mnay things fixed and no clue on gas mileage. i delivery pizza and ribs in it..can you can say sucks gas...witha 307 4bbr....

and sevral times being hit since 2004 when i was at the challange with it.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/ckosacranoid/my%20rides/

Lugnut
Lugnut Reader
8/25/08 4:58 p.m.

Those Cragar D Windows on the 88? I was thinking about picking up a set for my P71.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
8/25/08 8:03 p.m.

A bone stock 06 MINI Justa Cooper is my DD.

If I own it, it has a motor and will pass tech sooner or later it will be on track.

RussellH
RussellH New Reader
8/25/08 10:18 p.m.

Daily driver: 328i

Occasional driver/hauler: Dakota V8

Race car: '92 Integra (in progress)

gattigang
gattigang New Reader
8/26/08 12:24 a.m.

I have a few cars in my driveway and whatever keys I pickup from the table that determines what car I will be driving.

mtn
mtn Dork
8/26/08 12:34 a.m.

Is that Paul Newmans Volvo?

gattigang
gattigang New Reader
8/26/08 12:43 a.m.
mtn wrote: Is that Paul Newmans Volvo?

yup it sure is.

geomiata
geomiata Reader
8/26/08 12:48 a.m.

the volvos are too cool

geomiata
geomiata Reader
8/26/08 12:50 a.m.

the volvos are too cool

Luke
Luke Dork
8/26/08 3:28 a.m.

Nice Milano, too.

However, ckosacranoid wins. His Olds' is the coolest beater ever.

Not really a 'beater' per se; the Alfetta has been my DD for the past few months now. Lots of fun, but it still makes me nervous every time I need to get to someplace on time. In fact, I'm thinking of selling it and getting into an old sports car, plus something reliable and Japanese to use daily.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
8/26/08 9:12 a.m.

My DD is:
I paid a whopping $300 for it 2 months ago (a little more than 2 months actually). It has helped us vacate the location we were in, it runs all over town picking up and delivering whatever we ask of it. the front suspension clunks, I'm pretty sure it needs an axle. It has no power windows or locks.
It does however have a power tailgate release, ABS, Airbags, A/C (works), AM/FM Stereo cassette, Seating for 7, and the 3.3 V6.
It also is getting me 18+ MPG around town.
and the most important thing, the trans does NOT slip, I have records of it being serviced every 25k or so since brand new! Yes I have all the records since new.
Hopefully, once we get a new shop most of the crapola will be fixed. If not I can drive it until it dies and feel no remorse.

this was supposed to be my DD:
But the dang thing doesn't like to go over 2k without bucking. it's up for sale because I don't want to spend the time putting ing the KS and o2 that the codes came up for. For now it stays parked most of the time with only backup duty when absolutely needed, like today

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/26/08 9:30 a.m.

This is an old picture, it now features improved right side ventilation thanks to a bb gun

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/26/08 9:02 p.m.
mtn wrote:
grtechguy wrote:
fornetti14 wrote: '99 Forester picked up on the cheap ($800). It needed a knock sensor, front brakes and a tune up. Fresh timing belt and HG's already done by the dealer under warranty. It only had 130k on it so I couldn't pass it up. The 5-speed just makes it that much more fun to drive. Interior is mint so this was a nice score for me. I plan to drive it through the next few Michigan winters so I can spend more $$ on my IT car.
Nice find.... I'm jealous
Yeah.... How the hell did you do htat?

The Subie is nice isn't it? Photobucket I was the first to email her and she just wanted it sold. It had been sitting for 3 weeks and was only about 1/4 mile from my house. How do you like my spray bombed wheels?

Here's beater #2: Photobucket This one is my wife's new sub $1k ride - a '97 Grand Caravan with the 3.8L V6, leather & 7 speaker Infinity sterio. We sold her SUV and ditched the payment merry-go-round (not so merry). Amazing that everything works and not so amazing that it has a rebuilt trans. We'll keep an eye on that baby. 214k on the odo and the previous owner gave us $4k in maintenance & repair receipts.

Travis_K
Travis_K New Reader
8/27/08 7:57 a.m.

I dont have any pics, but my only car for about the last 10 months has been a 87 milano ggold with currently almost 100k miles on it. I have had to fix alot of stuff on it, but for a 20 year old car that cost $1650 i cant complain at all.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
8/27/08 12:19 p.m.

I thought this thread was about your beater/daily driver, not every single car you've ever owned....

gattigang
gattigang New Reader
8/27/08 6:48 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: I thought this thread was about your beater/daily driver, not every single car you've ever owned....

you would think but some of us have more than 1 car to drive. lol

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/27/08 6:59 p.m.

Yeah, I don't have a "daily driver" unless you count the car I'm driving today. I have 9 vehicles in the stable and I could drive all but two of them to work (one's a dedicated racer and the other is down for an engine swap). Like gatti said, I pick up the keys and that is the daily driver for today.

Bryce

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/27/08 7:23 p.m.

I got a 96 civic hatch as my daily. It attained beater status today, when i discovered Mold growing on the side.

chknhwk
chknhwk New Reader
8/27/08 8:04 p.m.

Sorry for the large picture, it's all I have on my website right now... 1.5L and about 85 hp, I think. 13" wheels and a five speed. Manual windows, manual steering, manual seats and no a/c. Intermittent CEL. It's needed an oil filler cap, thermostat, tie rod end, O2 sensor and an oil change. Oh, headlights and tail lights, to boot. I picked it for $1k. Best mileage before the O2 sensor was 43 mpg, 38 afterwards. I put about 900 miles a week on it. Looking to upgrade the brakes and wheels. Any brakes that fit under 13" wheels make me nervous... Trying to decide what's going to replace it next. I'm thinking of a Mini Cooper, Prelude or an MR-2. Something light, fun to drive and not useless in the snow. D'oh! I can't add, it's more like 460 miles a week.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/27/08 8:20 p.m.
gattigang wrote: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/gattigang/DSCF0176again.jpg

HOT.

VG30_S12
VG30_S12 New Reader
8/27/08 8:51 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote: (I'll let you guess what RFL stands for)

(RoFL) Rolling on Floor Laughing? lol, jk... ive heard of the turbo sprints, but never seen one sub compact sexyness with 3cyl fury :D

you might think its loud, but you need to hear my DD S12, with a more or less strait pipe VG30E

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Bq3zcnozZQlseaCkB5XDsbKLyyAvYuZidCBe6CUqCTEVX4FP3hT7SPYyOLU7iGBH