1 2
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
8/13/18 1:33 p.m.
feature_image

Vredestein knows that Grassroots Motorsports knows a thing or two about performance tires. And they know that our readers do, too.

That's why they came to us with a simple request: Find five readers worthy of a set of Vredestein's latest performance tires, their Ultrac Vorti and Ultrac Vorti R.

Vredestein Tires

What do they want in return? They want …

Read the rest of the story

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/13/18 1:49 p.m.

Feverishly checks sizes.......they have 225-45-17 in the Ultrac Vorti! Yes! 

Time to put on my writing fingers and wax eloquent about the joys, wonders, and romance of driving a 2003 Honda Accord. 

I was really hoping they had our One Lap size in the Ultrac R because we're always looking for a good One Lap tire. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/13/18 2:06 p.m.

Hmmmm.... they have 275/35/18's for the truck or 225/40/18's for the Forte. 

EDIT: too small for the truck, I'd need the 285/19's and I don't want 19's. 

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
8/13/18 2:07 p.m.

I should be doing work but did this instead. Oops

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/13/18 2:10 p.m.

Smallest size 17"... my largest wheels are 16" frown

Maybe next time.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/18 5:14 p.m.

One of my cars has three tire size options (18, 19, and 20") and none of the sizes offered will fit the car. The other car uses 16" wheels. sad

Of course, my social media profile is probably not what they were looking for either.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/13/18 5:24 p.m.

Yeah, just yesterday I was comparing my refusal to use Facebook to people that wouldn't have a telephone in their homes. 

I don't care, not going to change my mind yet. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/13/18 5:43 p.m.

Somehow i doubt my daily driven zx2 will get me picked for free tires lol

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
8/13/18 5:54 p.m.

Oops I didn't look at sizes... guess I don't qualify

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/18 6:01 p.m.

You would think that they would offer their new performance tires in a size appropriate for a very popular Porsche.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/13/18 7:50 p.m.

It's a shame I'm Canadian, otherwise I'd love to apply

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/13/18 8:16 p.m.

I'm just sitting here wanting to rallycross test some W rated 195/60R15 Quatrac 5s 

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
8/14/18 12:11 p.m.

I see another Canuck already commented.  Darn semi-international rules.  That and we are close to the end of the season for us here.  I would love to test a set on the Porsche, oh heck even the MINI.

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
8/14/18 12:25 p.m.

Oh well.  No Facebook so no apply.   Annoying.  I’ll stick with my Falkens

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
8/14/18 12:54 p.m.

How do we modify our applications? Didn't due my due diligence and found out my tire size isn't available in the Vorti R and only the regular Vorti. :(

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
8/14/18 1:14 p.m.

Hmm, it'd be pretty interesting to compare these to the 275/35 Conti ECS that we ran at OLOA last year. ah what the heck! I'll throw my name in the ring.

Although I'm not sure my tire testing could hold a candle to the tire tests I read in the magazine. Andy is pretty thorough.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/14/18 1:40 p.m.
klodkrawler05 said:

Hmm, it'd be pretty interesting to compare these to the 275/35 Conti ECS that we ran at OLOA last year. ah what the heck! I'll throw my name in the ring.

Although I'm not sure my tire testing could hold a candle to the tire tests I read in the magazine. Andy is pretty thorough.

I was wondering the same thing but we're running an 18 inch wheel so no good with the R which is what I was suspecting might be the hot ticket for a One Lap tire. I'm pretty sure you guys have the chops to be in the running for a set. You should enter. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
8/14/18 1:47 p.m.

In reply to MINIzguy :

That's okay, we can figure that out.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
8/14/18 2:01 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Seems like the R mostly designates the size? if the R is faster that's odd that it starts at 18's.

I made a submission, not sure I have the writing skills to be in the running, but crazier things have happened! Too bad you aren't still in the mitten we could combine forces!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/18 6:33 p.m.
Woody said:

You would think that they would offer their new performance tires in a size appropriate for a very popular Porsche.

With popular Porsches out of the way the World’s Saddest Midlife Crisis has a better shot.   

*Profession driver in a closed park, Stuckey’s is a movie simulation and not representative of real world conditions.  Void where prohibited, consult your physician, yada yada yada. 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
8/15/18 10:57 a.m.

Wish they made the R’s in an 18”.  Would love to thrash a set of those on the WRL 350Z!  Maybe a non R set for the Camaro.  Would definitely be better than the 500TW Goodyears on it now.

te72
te72 Reader
8/16/18 12:22 a.m.

Just like some of my autocross times, the timing on this one kinda sucks haha. I mean, the folks in southern states, this contest is for you. For those of us up north, the season for tires like this, by the time the winner gets them, is coming to a close.

I mean, I could always let you know how they look being stored in the basement... =P

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/16/18 7:08 a.m.

I totally entered with the minivan, and I think it's actually a good call. It's the most important vehicle to me, and honestly I do shop tires based on stopping distance and handling wet and dry, new and worn. If they want to get real world people to buy them for real vehicles, it's a good data point, a heavy vehicle with plenty of abuse.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
8/16/18 7:13 a.m.
te72 said:

Just like some of my autocross times, the timing on this one kinda sucks haha. I mean, the folks in southern states, this contest is for you. For those of us up north, the season for tires like this, by the time the winner gets them, is coming to a close.

I mean, I could always let you know how they look being stored in the basement... =P

That's my worry of this when I entered. I do plenty of miles (500mi/wk) but being in Delaware, I'm not driving on these through December. Would be nice if they were lenient and let you take a break during that "6 months" of testing

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/18 10:15 a.m.

sorry to say, but with a lack of 16" sizes, they have nothing that fits on the Abarth

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p7CJiKk2ELpB79EBc7UMF6r4pp2b7ZqpPGkjchO5jJGwTCLLnwnvRveqqRgVGoGJ