1 2
racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
9/10/12 5:30 p.m.

I absolutely love Elise's, and have them on my bucket list, but you can achieve a close proximity for a lot less money. A properly set up MR2 Spider can come close, and still, Hoelscher's old DSP X1/9 is the absolute best autocross car I've ever driven. It could be replicated for a lot less money and was the closest to telepathic of any car I've been in.

imirk
imirk HalfDork
9/10/12 5:38 p.m.
Javelin wrote: This one is for sale near me. Aaaaahhheartaflutter...

Oh my!

And true a MR2 or X1/9 could come close but they just do not have the same sex appeal, to me at least.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/10/12 5:47 p.m.

In reply to imirk:

I ended up selling my Elise and getting my old X1/9 back. The Elise was awesome but it wasn't 5X as awesome. Also, keep in mind the heat and A/C in the Elise is "Biblically awful". The car is hard to beat on sex appeal, but how sexy are you when you are sweating your ass off?

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
9/11/12 9:40 a.m.

Sorry, getting a little sidetracked here imaging the appeal of a sweaty, panting Jessica Alba.

How's the a/c in your X1/9, by the way?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltraDork
9/11/12 10:04 a.m.

Some lady has one of these by me. I actually like the Orange color - how cool are these?

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UltraDork
9/11/12 10:19 a.m.
Javelin wrote: I try my best! (I actually use Berk in real life, too...)

you too?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/11/12 10:39 a.m.

Needs alittle moar GT1...

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/11/12 10:54 a.m.
mblommel wrote: In reply to imirk: I ended up selling my Elise and getting my old X1/9 back. The Elise was awesome but it wasn't 5X as awesome. Also, keep in mind the heat and A/C in the Elise is "Biblically awful". The car is hard to beat on sex appeal, but how sexy are you when you are sweating your ass off?

Probably doesn't work since it was a dealer add-on and were known to be crap from day one (aside from robbing what little power the cars had to begin with)

For the folks up here in the NW, it only gets truly hot maybe 2-3 weeks a year, the rest of the time it is either raining, cloudy, rainy and cloudy, partly sunny, rainy and sunny, etc.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/11/12 10:55 a.m.
nderwater wrote: Sorry, getting a little sidetracked here imaging the appeal of a sweaty, panting Jessica Alba. How's the a/c in your X1/9, by the way?

BERK.

I'll be in my bunk.....

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/11/12 8:47 p.m.

In reply to nderwater:

The A/C in the X is just fine, as it never existed. I looked at it this way: I can have an unreliable 2000lb mid engine car with no A/C for $27,000 OR I can have an unreliable 2000lb mid engine car with no A/C for $5,000. I decided I wasn't making payments on something that didn't at least have working parts.

FWIW the celica motor wasn't anything to write home about in my opinion. No power on the small cam, change over to the big cam wasn't until 6500 RPM, redline was 8500. Made for only very short bursts of excitement. Also being worried that I could total my car by either running over a rock or having an SUV back into me while parked took some fun out of it too.

alex
alex UltraDork
9/11/12 10:48 p.m.

In reply to mblommel:

Define the "unreliable" part of your last post (as it pertains to the Elise), please.

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
9/12/12 5:56 a.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: Some lady has one of these by me. I actually like the Orange color - how cool are these?

Just throwing this out. If any of you buy an Elise I will keep in my garage for free! Yes it is a very generous offer yet I have a kind heart

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5RchwfQWBuMPg2sZwGxM7cMTZcQCG6PnCv1pfrBBAaBPop75AjPiKUXiHsoDKkMg