moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
9/12/12 8:22 a.m.

Anyone have a recommendation for a turbocharger seller who can deliver quickly? Specifically looking for a GT2259 with a 0.56 A/R turbine volute.

I looked around a bit on Google and didn't find much that looked professional and legitimate. GRM supporters would be given first priority!

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/12/12 8:40 a.m.

I've had good results with atpturbo.com.

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
9/12/12 8:52 a.m.

Cool, thanks! They don't have 2259 listed, but I sent them an info request.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
9/12/12 9:23 a.m.

Bought my Dart's GT40 from ATP Turbo as well.

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
1/11/13 10:20 a.m.

ATP unfortunately didn't have that model, but they seem to have a good selection otherwise.

New question: where to get bearing kits for Garrett turbos?? There was an incident, and now the turbo has ~0.020" of radial play. Seems like a bit more than it should normally have...

Dashpot
Dashpot Reader
1/11/13 12:15 p.m.
moerdogg wrote: There was an incident, and now the turbo has ~0.020" of radial play. Seems like a bit more than it should normally have...

I had a similar concern once. Called a Garrett distributor and got their service guy on the line:

Me "What's the radial play spec for a GT2560?"

Him "Does it rub the housing?"

Me "No"

Him "Then leave it alone!"

Ahh O.K. I reassembled and got back to business. That was 3 seasons ago, on a now 8 year old turbo. I guess he was right.

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
1/14/13 11:49 a.m.

Haha, oh automotive turbochargers...

The compressor wheel was rubbing the shroud line, and when we took it apart, the thrust bearing looked like this:

instead of this:

Not really a warranty issue, since we are running a custom-designed compressor wheel. And Garrett apparently does not sell bearing rebuild kits for this (GT2259)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7stB2pWku0mISr0jqO0fCitqtH4bc3tgq3tbD2Sd9Wxn590QzCZy7OiUyUoTitph