1 2
carbon
carbon Reader
11/19/13 6:32 p.m.

We've run Toyo Ra1s on the spyder for a long time, theyre pretty perfect for a light d/d car that sees some track use. Killer in the rain too (at full tread depth especially). On an NA, Id run 205s.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
11/20/13 8:14 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: Something wrong.... Not really. You could be loosing some time on the transitions and overall "feel" by running a narrow wheel. If it makes you feel any better, we are running 225 on a 6 inch wheel. It works, but we ARE looking for a wider wheel. Rob R.

Whew.

to be fair... I am not running a skinny wheel, I am running a wide tire. ( )

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
11/20/13 9:06 a.m.
Lof8 wrote:
AtticusTurbo27 wrote: I run the factory LS optioned bilsteins with 550f/350r eibach ERS springs. Cheap and handles brilliantly. You can get them from autozone for a pretty affordable price.
Atticus, can you please elaborate on this setup? Are the LS Bilsteins different than others? Are both the shocks and springs available at Autozone? What was the approximate price? Thanks,

They are just the factory optioned shocks that come on the sport packaged NB's. You can get Bilstein HD's for about $390 shipped online from Autozone for a NA car. Order them shipped to your home and goto http://www.retailmenot.com/ and get whatever current discount you can. (usually 15%).

As far as springs the easiest solution is to buy a kit from ground control. $400 for coilover sleeves with whatever springrate you want to convert your bilsteins to budget coilovers that are great on the track.

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
11/20/13 5:45 p.m.
ApexEverything wrote:
iceracer wrote: I heard that there was a magazine that recently did a test on the very same tires and wheels question.
Oops, which issue?

The most recent one. Need I say the name ?

ApexEverything
ApexEverything New Reader
11/23/13 7:52 a.m.
iceracer wrote:
ApexEverything wrote:
iceracer wrote: I heard that there was a magazine that recently did a test on the very same tires and wheels question.
Oops, which issue?
The most recent one. Need I say the name ?

Yea I actually just read it yesterday, what are the chances. Anyway I went ahead Wednesday night and ordered 15x8 et25 konig silver wide opens to match with 205/50/15 re11a's. Should be set.

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
11/23/13 8:16 a.m.
ApexEverything wrote: Yea I actually just read it yesterday, what are the chances. Anyway I went ahead Wednesday night and ordered 15x8 et25 konig silver wide opens to match with 205/50/15 re11a's. Should be set.

Good choice.

That's my current go-to recommendation for 23" tall dual purpose (street/track/autocross) tires on light cars. Not the fastest on the track (Rival is better), but great at everything. Better in deep water than ZII or Rival.

If you are comfortable with a 140tw tire, the 195/50-15 Toyo R1R still has the magic for street and autocross but not track (overheating).

All that said, I have not yet tested the Yoko AD08R, which Tire Rack testing shows to also be quite good at everything. So that one may be the new go-to dual-purpose, if you are good with a 180 treadwear (rules). Most likely better on the track than the RE-11A, but not as good as Rival.

The RE-11A in 205/50-15 is a fat tire (relatively speaking) and fits perfectly on a 15x8 rim.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cibvq4q2iQ0Yg6GjD3yIzF4uXmjX0kVYzh6VdlFKEnuyZYdh6PncYpwXhSzYORSe