Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/7/17 12:20 p.m.

On the 1uz engine there is a water hardline that comes off the water bridge right under the thermostat. It then feeds a rubber line that normally connects to a pressurized tank for coolant flow.  http://www.lextreme.com/forums/index.php?threads/1uz-cooling-system.15534/

this thread here has some suggestions. Anyone here have a better route?

My thoughts right now are 1) cap off and glue. Hope for the best

2) pinch the hardline closed and weld it shut. Hope for the best. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/7/17 12:26 p.m.

If you can find someone to TIG the port shut that would be ideal, otherwise I'd probably get a cap for it, fill that with high temp RTV, and hose clamp it on there.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/7/17 12:43 p.m.

I plumbed that particular port into the return tank of my radiator (down flow) at the drain plug fitting for the short term. It will get welded shut in the final version. It is currently bypassing the radiator core with a small amount of hot coolant, once the thermostat opens.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/7/17 12:56 p.m.

I'd cut it off flush, drill and tap it for a pipe plug.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/7/17 5:16 p.m.
Stefan said:

This sounds very diy! I have all those tools, just need to pick up a tap and plug the right size. 

And for visual. 

Not sure why pics aren’t working...

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
12/7/17 5:28 p.m.

The poor mans way used to be to JB Weld a bolt in it, I have brazed them, drilled/tapped them and plugged with a pipe plug (note if you do this there is usually a pressed in steel insert that must be removed or you risk a leak), or back in the DSM days you could get a water neck from a nonturbo that had different fittings.  All methods worked tip-top.  

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/7/17 5:43 p.m.

Thinking a bolt with rtv and a hose clamp might be the easy button. At least for now

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
12/7/17 6:19 p.m.
Stefan said:

If it's a pressed in insert you'll want to wriggle it out and tap the underlying aluminum.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
12/7/17 8:00 p.m.

Heat, pull out the stub drill and tap.

When i did the wifes WRX the water pump came with an added outlet.

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.leary.7/posts/994630377310056

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Df4bJDYDRP4wV0wCs81PrdnrQnrwxMcTnPhVr4CFFiEhib8b6K4j2bLfmFiCEwYc