1 2 3
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/18 7:33 p.m.
MrChaos said:

have they fixed the transmission yet?

There is evidence of a bellhousing pattern change in the leaked 2019 pics, although some forums will not believe it's been fixed ever. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/18 7:36 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
yupididit said:
Keith Tanner said:

I guess it's official. I am 100% getting a ND RF if this color is an option. Unless they have a purple coming. Especially a pastel purple or the one the new BMW's come in. 

That's a 2018. You can buy one now. Although I expect a price drop within 12 hours or so. 

oh how you tease us so

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/19/18 7:38 p.m.

the 2.5t from the mazda 6 sounds nice

Keith Tanner
6/19/18 7:41 p.m.
MrChaos said:

the 2.5t from the mazda 6 sounds nice

I was basically dared by a Mazda person to get that in there. The 2.0 barely fits. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
6/19/18 7:52 p.m.

I'll bite. 

A skyactiv-x with a hybrid motor similar to the fancy exotics.

buzzboy
buzzboy Reader
6/19/18 7:57 p.m.

MSM?

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
6/19/18 7:59 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

New crank, new rods, new pistons, new cams, new valvesprings, new head casting, an oil cooler, a change in the transmission bellhousing, larger throttle body...you know, the little stuff.

Some of the changes being attributed to the 2019 are already in the 2018s but nobody noticed. For example, did you know that you can get an Eternal Blue 2018? Here's what it looks like with FM springs and bronze 6ULs. The rumoo the rear suspension are also a 2018 update.

Love the look, but $40K (optioned up) for a Miata?

Thats Elise money!

Still want though...

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/19/18 8:28 p.m.

Please have a fixed roof. Please have a fixed roof. Please have a fixed roof. Please have a fixed roof. Pretty please? 

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/18 8:38 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

"No soup for you!" devil

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/18 8:41 p.m.

Diesel 

Keith Tanner
6/19/18 9:39 p.m.

I'm going to say that the top line package will be around $37k. Prices probably  won't be released for a couple of months.

How is that Elise money? You can't buy an Elise in this country! Unless you mean a used one that can be written off with a fender bump...The Miata is as cheap as it's ever been, but it used to be that you had to give up a radio and alloy wheels to get the current price level. 

And Seth, if you want a coupe you just have to pull one fuse. We've got a rollbar coming for the RF :)

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/19/18 9:56 p.m.
Keith

And Seth, if you want a coupe you just have to pull one fuse. We've got a rollbar coming for the RF :)

That way your Miata can look like aChevron B8 all the time.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
6/19/18 10:06 p.m.
buzzboy said:

MSM?

yeah baby, yeah and FINALLY a decent color, man alive those 6 UL wheels look sweet, I need to pick up a set of those

You have to get it in a box or drive to Colorado for MSM flavored one now.

Seems like you could make a metal top and weld it on, like they did on the 916.  It would be so much stiffer, and would probably not add that much weight, might even be lighter than an RF

Oooh, George is selling Peter Gregg's 916, think I can get a half a million for a kidney?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/18 10:11 p.m.
Keith Tanner said

Unless you mean a used one that can be written off with a fender bump.

Lmao

kabel
kabel Dork
6/19/18 10:48 p.m.

I’ll be surprised if there are any surprises in the announcement beyond what we have already heard in the past few weeks. I love Mazda but they are notorious for big headlines with flat follow through.
Regardless the 2019 looks good and I'm considering the move to a new 2019 RF from my 2106 club.

Keith Tanner
6/19/18 11:20 p.m.

None of the headlines so far have been from Mazda. Keep that in mind. 

I don't think there will be any surprises for those that follow rumors in the enthusiast press. But I don't think any of us are upset about the content of those rumors. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/18 9:36 a.m.

well?!? don;t keep us in suspense

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/20/18 9:45 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

Posted hours ago? wink

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
6/20/18 10:03 a.m.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but when I search for 'Mazda Eternal Blue' in Google Images, I see nothing that looks even remotely close to Kieth's pic.  They're mostly just a relatively mundane silvery-blue. I'm starting to think that photo might be the automotive equivalent of a Kim Kardashian cover shot. 

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/20/18 10:03 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I'm going to say that the top line package will be around $37k. Prices probably  won't be released for a couple of months.

I dunno, there's so many competitors with better convertibles for the money. Oh wait..... 

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me for one with all the goodies. A much better value than anything German. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/20/18 10:13 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

That's not the same and you know it. cheeky

I am looking forward to seeing the RF roll bar though. Very intriguing. 

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
6/20/18 10:30 a.m.

I hear they are doing away with those awful LED running lights. That alone is worth the wait! ;)

Seriously though, thank you Mazda for making an already compelling driver's car, and making it that much more so. 

Keith Tanner
6/20/18 11:52 a.m.
Driven5 said:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but when I search for 'Mazda Eternal Blue' in Google Images, I see nothing that looks even remotely close to Kieth's pic.  They're mostly just a relatively mundane silver-blue. I'm starting to think that photo might be the automotive equivalent of a Kim Kardashian cover shot. 

Start watching for blue CX5s.

here's a cellphone shot sent to me.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/20/18 12:12 p.m.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/20/18 12:12 p.m.
Driven5 said:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but when I search for 'Mazda Eternal Blue' in Google Images, I see nothing that looks even remotely close to Kieth's pic.  They're mostly just a relatively mundane silver-blue. I'm starting to think that photo might be the automotive equivalent of a Kim Kardashian cover shot. 

You're finding pics of Blue Reflex. Google "eternal blue mica".

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K6aaugGe5QYC7wJQQkvT5E08UDrGcjhOJ9BcuzAGianm5hW55Jf8pOvs47bSDTH9