1 2 3
STM317
STM317 SuperDork
10/11/18 7:17 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Mndsm said:

I'm waiting for a 2.3disi solution. I firmly believe that's the engine the rx8 was meant for. 

Ford has discontinued the 2.0 Ecoboost PCM/harness controls pack setup in favor of a 2.3l Ecoboost PCM/harness controls pack.

Just sayin'.

Is there a reason why the Speed3 ECU couldn't be used as a cheaper alternative?

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/18 8:00 p.m.

In reply to STM317 :

Different species altogether.

One of the things that turned me off of buying a Mazdaspeed6, besides people calling it a Speed6 (srsly, it is a Mazda Mazdaspeed6)  is that it uses Siemens (?) injectors/pump when everybody has standardized on Bosch units.  It's like buying a Betamax VCR, or a Laserdisk player.

(It could be worse.  I stopped going to Volvo S60R/V70R sites because people talk about their "caR".  Berking dinguses)

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/11/18 8:50 p.m.
STM317 said:
Knurled. said:
Mndsm said:

I'm waiting for a 2.3disi solution. I firmly believe that's the engine the rx8 was meant for. 

Ford has discontinued the 2.0 Ecoboost PCM/harness controls pack setup in favor of a 2.3l Ecoboost PCM/harness controls pack.

Just sayin'.

Is there a reason why the Speed3 ECU couldn't be used as a cheaper alternative?

Mazda likes to engineer some of the least friendly ecus on the planet. It took Cobb like 2 years to get a decent tune out of one. I'm sure it's possible now- but there are better solutions. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/18 9:14 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Reading between the lines, that is mostly because Mazda tuned the MS3/6 to the knife-edge with respect to what the hardware could handle.  Beyond that, if the Internet lore of "don't go into boost below 3500 RPM  (HPFP cannot keep up with the turbo's torque spike) is to be believed.

Interestingly, COBB recommends/requires an HPFP upgrade with their tunes...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x2rV5NtncsYATnT5kdem16S4P5qqOTsy7x0j4OPZBkphmJlC5b5xNuqfpj2wPFlA