David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/5/12 12:11 p.m.

Call this a cross-post: Have you seen the BMW 2002tii that we're building up over at Classic Motorsports?

Here's the latest: http://classicmotorsports.net/project-cars/1972-26-2002tii/tii-track-testing/

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/12 12:18 p.m.

I'm glad I got to see that car at the Mitty, it's really, really nice. Per's on a roll.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/12 12:19 p.m.

Ha! And there's proof - Janel and I talking to Per at the Mitty beside the car.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
6/5/12 12:23 p.m.

Ha! I can see the back of my head in that pic - I'm famous! lol

All silliness aside, that car was really impressive in the flesh. Absolutely beautiful.

failboat
failboat Dork
6/5/12 12:33 p.m.

Funny that vent windows are mentioned in the article. Best invention evar that is no longer present on modern cars. I am disappoint. Why can't my hatchback have vent windows in the back!!!!!!

Pete240Z
Pete240Z UltraDork
6/5/12 12:55 p.m.
failboat wrote: Funny that vent windows are mentioned in the article. Best invention evar that is no longer present on modern cars. I am disappoint. Why can't my hatchback have vent windows in the back!!!!!!

I had a 1984 Cutlass 4-door and the rear windows did not lower and were fixed. It then had rear vent windows. Awful design.

alfadriver
alfadriver UberDork
6/5/12 1:34 p.m.

So when are you going to buy that cool basket roof rack for the tires?

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
6/5/12 1:44 p.m.

That is all...........

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
6/5/12 1:45 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: That is all...........

DRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/12 2:01 p.m.
failboat wrote: Funny that vent windows are mentioned in the article. Best invention evar that is no longer present on modern cars. I am disappoint. Why can't my hatchback have vent windows in the back!!!!!!

both of my cars have the "pop open" rear windows.. love them.

That Tii is definatly drool worthy

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/5/12 2:53 p.m.

That color is perfect...

Pete240Z
Pete240Z UltraDork
6/5/12 4:20 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: That color is perfect...

I like the green color and I think you did an outstanding job on your restoration!

I still like orange 510's and orange 2002's............I still hope to see more on this guy who was once on this forum. Harv, where are you?

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/harvs-orange-bmw-2002-update/1541/page1/

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
6/5/12 4:25 p.m.

I always forget about Classic Motorsports, I am missing out on some good stuff! Thanks for the link!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/12 4:36 p.m.
Pete240Z wrote:
Xceler8x wrote: That color is perfect...
I like the green color and I think you did an outstanding job on your restoration! I still like orange 510's and orange 2002's............I still hope to see more on this guy who was once on this forum. Harv, where are you? http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/harvs-orange-bmw-2002-update/1541/page1/

I had an orange 911. I agree that orange is the perfect colour for older sports cars

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
6/5/12 7:53 p.m.

That sure turned out nice.. Wow

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
6/5/12 8:26 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
both of my cars have the "pop open" rear windows.. love them. That Tii is definatly drool worthy

I want those pop out rear windows for my rabbit but they want silly money for them.

The '02 is drool tastic.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
6/5/12 9:51 p.m.

I passed on a hot wheels 2002 today, in favor of a Mustang II. But it is on my short list.

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
6/5/12 11:00 p.m.

HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

DustoffDave
DustoffDave HalfDork
6/6/12 9:04 a.m.

I've been following that build since the first day it was posted on CM. It's actually responsible for me visiting that site much more than I used to. Fantastic build! (I'm also digging the Benz right now, too).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZFa1kmLf7oCWhezzuEQ0RfeISsuXM6XbZBhHxZDoW0ThV4W0eQ5AEDmVA9v1moIl