Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
10/18/17 12:04 p.m.
feature_image

Remember our full review of the BMW M235i Racing, the track-focused model of BMW's excellent M235i road car?

When we reviewed the car three years ago, we were left with lots of questions–would BMW sell the car in this country? Would it have a place to race? And would anybody actually buy it?

Now, we have some answers–they're "yes," "yes," …

Read the rest of the story

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/18/17 1:00 p.m.

That one might not all be the car... I've raced against Anthony Magagnoli. He might be able to place in the top 10 in that series with an E30 if every race was at Mid-Ohio :)

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/18/17 1:31 p.m.

I love this car and I love that BMW is producing a compelling and successful package for racers... but when more than half of the field is running an M235iR it feels a little like the championship ballet box is being stuffed, right?

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/19/17 11:25 a.m.

Anthony is a great driver (and very cool guy). He won Rookie of the Year this season. The folks at Rooster Hall run a really tight ship, and they're super generous with their time and resources. I pitted near them at a BMW CCA race in NJ and at the Pittsburgh Vintage GP. They went out of their way to help me out with mechanical trouble both times.

Glad to see them being so successful. Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people!

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
10/21/17 2:08 p.m.

I have a love/hate relationship with the M235iR. I think I need to keep my comments to myself.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S2pfFV7vyvae9HI027OS5RopqfOIhUMn2Wf6pXfNyFYaBO8Iekfv67N9exkp0hca