1 ... 3 4 5
buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
4/26/21 9:20 a.m.

No, not rollback DOING burnout, burnout ON the rollback.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
4/26/21 10:20 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:
Stampie said:

In reply to accordionfolder :

Where's the burn out video?

Burnouts are next too impossible, I broke two axle shafts on over enthusiastic launches. 

That's a very polite way of saying "probably don't do that."

Shaun
Shaun Dork
4/27/21 9:48 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:
accordionfolder said:

In reply to Ranger50 :

Consider the damn thing used! The bed is straight forward, what I don't get is the wheel lift? It has a spot where a pin could lock it in, but do you not lock it normally? Like... Can the cylinder fail and drop the car?

Hydraulic creep is a thing.  Seals in the valve and cylinder let it slowly leak down.  Ever park a plow truck or a front end loader with the blade or bucket not on the ground?  The next day, it's on the ground.

The point is to not suspend the weight for travel on the hydraulics.  The bouncing weight on the cylinder causes spikes in pressure and can blow an o-ring causing pretty instant and catastrophic things to happen.  With hydraulic implements, the SOP is to use the hydraulics to get the cargo to it's final position, but then use mechanical means to hold things in place.  So, yes.  Wheel lift with the hydraulics, stick the pin in, release pressure on the hydraulics so it rests on the pin.

Yesterdays thread and a useless aside so all apologies but I cant help but comment: Plowing a couple feet of snow with 4 wheels chained up is top 5% of fun I've ever had in wheeled vehicles.  Some one should open a snow plow camp- Its rad!,.. you like slip angles?  there are even more of them.

accordionfolder
5/10/21 8:29 p.m.

Huh..... This time I have some idea what I'm doing.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/21 8:36 p.m.

Did you buy another one?

accordionfolder
5/10/21 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Cliford the big red truck is an important part of the family I'll have you know.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/21 8:45 p.m.

I'm not the one to ever tell someone that the vehicle family can't be as large as you wish.

accordionfolder
5/10/21 8:55 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Haha, I was just messing about - yep, I enjoyed my first problem child so much I got a slightly newer problem child to play with. 6 speed manual, steel bed this time! 

Though child 1 is up for adoption now.....

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/11/21 2:03 a.m.

Do I see a 550 on that fender?

We need more details!!!

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
5/11/21 6:48 a.m.

My neighbor has an F550 rollback(albeit 4x4). He said it drives and tows great. Sadly the salt loves it too, and shes getting a BIT crusty.

accordionfolder
5/11/21 8:44 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

BIIIIIG TRUCK. Good eyes, it's an 2000 F-550

cli-FORD! Cliford the big red truck. Get it? I think I'm hilarious.

This one has a GRVW of 20k, it drives a lot nicer (newer) L+5 speeds ("6-speed"). High miles chassis with low miles engine/trans swapped in - I'm not sure about the rear end - it has a bunch of squeaks and rattles but the bed and hydraulics are strong, under bed looks great, top of the bed is flat, rails need patched a bit BUT this one is steel - I can do that ezpz. It drives very nicely but has a bunch of little things to take care of too. 

I'll update shortly with more info and pictures with the South-East enablement beast of burden! 

accordionfolder
5/12/21 1:35 p.m.

Took the grocery getter out

accordionfolder
5/16/21 7:27 a.m.

This time we didn't just get groceries!

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
89y9o2tfwU7hhat45MKp7oaNcRuy0ru4Mkm6fSHIUbqalYodmJWazqkx2pzpxEmk